mp160 printer "waste ink tank almost full"

primusSPA

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi all i sign up here specially to seek help on my new printer and to discover more about fixing our own printers................ recently i purchased mp160 canon printer to replace my spoiled i255 canon printer.My i255 also had that waste ink tank problem and little did i know it was the programming part and not the hard ware part that will solve the problem....in the midst of trouble shooting the waste ink tank problem on the i255,i accidently spoiled my i255 printhead. Just trying to be self prepared here, in case my mp160 printer has this "waste ink tank almost full"problem in years to come, then wat should i do to reset it? many thanks for answers and comments.

primusSPA

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
headphonesman said:
http://sosimprimante.com/index.php?showtopic=3289

I used the MP 150 instruction from here (on my MP150)and it worked (after a couple of attempts at getting the exact instruction understood and carried out)

also http://www.resetters.ru/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=3203

this says the same thing I believe.
hey head phone man....thanks for providing some information for the mp150....its quite possible that both mp160 and mp150 works the same...........................but theres one step i not quite sure of
"4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times."................may i know where is this led located? the power button or the alarm,black ink,colour ink indicator or is it the 7 segment LED which always light up in orange? and could i juz press the service button located on the top left hand panel to go into service mode rather than doing step 1,2 and 3? this information are frm the second link u provided me.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The buttons are shown in diagram form in your on screen manual which downloads with the install disc, if you have it, or download it from Canon, perhaps?

6) [Black] Button

Starts black & white copying.

(7) [Color] Button

Starts color copying.

(8) [Stop/Reset] Button

Cancels operations and returns the machine to standby mode.

(9) [ON/OFF] Button

Turns the machine ON and OFF. Before turning ON the machine, make sure the Document Cover is closed.

(the text above is copied from this ~~OS manual )

The on /off button ...is known to you (on your extreme Right)..............the button to the left of the On/Off button is the Stop /Reset (mine has a Red triangle standing on its point inside a red circle ), above it are 2 forward slash marks
On the left of the Stop/Reset button is the color button (R/Y/B slashes above)........on the left of this is the Black button (Black slash above)
It may take you 2 or 3 times to get the operation right , (everybody has a problem !).....but if the machine has stopped completely, then you can afford to experiment...but it does work.
I think the green LED is the On/Off button`s light. I do not remember using the Service button, i went with the first method, and only used the second for extra info.

Hope this helps...good luck!

nags

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I had this problem too, and pressing the button 4 times would clear it.
After a few weeks, though, the problem returned and couldnt be cleared.
Tried squeezing all the ink out of the sponge (messy!) but that didnt help.
Unfortunately, I just had to bin the printer then, so it was a bit of a waste of time.