Monoprice Select Mini SDcard USB Wireless Connection Issues

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
That would be a good use for that old Windows XP computer one might have kept.
That would be a good use for an old PC, especially so if Octoprint could be installed on it so that it can then be controlled via a web browser from another PC. However that requires a bit of effort - easier to use the ready-made Octopi distro on a raspberry pi. Even a cheap Pi Zero should work (though faster ones work better) and consume much less power than a pc.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
That would be a good use for that old Windows XP computer one might have kept.
But not for XP if you want to use Cura that requires Windows Vista or later if using Microsoft OS. A shame! :(

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Yes I meant to reuse the old computer with Linux installed.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon @ninj is on to something with his idea of a Raspberry Pi, I can’t use my PC to print to the 3D printer, so this idea is very good, some of my models take over night to complete and as much as I don’t like using the Micro card to print, it’s much better than leaving the PC on as a baby sitter...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Well, I just had a print stop in about 1/6 way through a 1.5 hour project. I was using CURA 15.04 and the Printerface interface. I thought it was maybe because I had messed with CURA while it was printing, so I tried it again by saving the file to my computer and printing direct into Pronterface... but it happened again :( This time about 1/10 of the way through the print.

This hasn't happened before, so I might reboot and see if that helps. Of course, this isn't looking good for the "just print from your computer without any problems" camp.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Here's the error I just saw in Pronterface:

upload_2017-7-31_14-3-35.png

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
What baud rate are your running at? Try dropping it to see if it improves (prob best not to go above 57600).

Have you tried using Pronterface to uploaded your gcode to the sdcard in the printer? Click on the "SD" button, upload, then print from SD.