Modify Printer Driver ?!!! i Will Pay

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dear Friends
Hello
I Have A Canon 7240
I Had Canon IP4600 4700 4840 4940 they had a great speed for cd dvd printing because they have 2 modes for cd dvd printing Normal High
the 7240 has the same system but the company disabled normal quality for dvd printing and only high is available
in the high mode it can print upto 37 disc per hour but normal 55pcs per hour
but the normal has very great print quality and i dont need the high mode
is there anybody here to enable the normal mode for ip7240 ?
i think it can be happen by modifing printer driver

Thanks
Looking Forward.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The simple answer is no you can’t alter the print driver, however you could try and use (Replace) the current print driver with one from your previous printers for just printing CD’s..

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The simple answer is no you can’t alter the print driver, however you could try and use (Replace) the current print driver with one from your previous printers for just printing CD’s..
How Can I Replace ip7240 driver with ip4840 driver?
i dont want paper printing i only want cd dvd printing

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You could alter the driver, but that will not be cheap and since the printer is not EPSON where software controls the printer this is great challenge. The canons are controlled via firmware that means if the feature is disable it can be enabled, but nobody can make it work if it aint there.

Have you tried linux, gutenprint, printfab?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
How Can I Replace ip7240 driver with ip4840 driver?
i dont want paper printing i only want cd dvd printing
A lot of the Canon print drivers are so similar that there are almost undistinguishable from one and other.

Just replace the print driver by adding another print driver, some printer will work and not notice the change some won’t, but it’s still worth a try..

Driver.PNG

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
A lot of the Canon print drivers are so similar that there are almost undistinguishable from one and other.

Just replace the print driver by adding another print driver, some printer will work and not notice the change some won’t, but it’s still worth a try..

View attachment 2437
That Was Great Trick I did It the printer has been ready to do the disc job but when you press to feed the disc nothings happen

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You could alter the driver, but that will not be cheap and since the printer is not EPSON where software controls the printer this is great challenge. The canons are controlled via firmware that means if the feature is disable it can be enabled, but nobody can make it work if it aint there.

Have you tried linux, gutenprint, printfab?
it is not feature
it is the selectable quality ip4800 has two selectable quality for disc printing but this has only one
no i dont have another os only windows 7 X64

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
So you have no option but to try linux, gutenprint, printfab.