Missing Email notifications

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
Ok, I now notice there is a check box in the reply box labeled "receive email notifications".
Why is that there if I already check those entries I posted the screen shot of?? :idunno

The forum uses three similar terms "alerts", "watches" and "notifications" which can and should mean the same thing but apparently doesn't.

Do I have to check notifications every time I post a reply even thou I checked alerts?? I have been to dozens of forums and I don't ever remember having to do something similar in the past 19 or so years. o_O

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Should I use the "printerknowledge.com" as the domain for the e-mails?
yes, and the email they come from is support@

Ok, I now notice there is a check box in the reply box labeled "receive email notifications".
Where is this exactly?

The forum uses three similar terms "alerts", "watches" and "notifications" which can and should mean the same thing but apparently doesn't.
I can understand the confusion. In general you can "watch" a thread or forum and either get "alerts" (which are here on-site) and also opt to get email "notifications".

Do I have to check notifications every time I post a reply even thou I checked alerts??
No. You can change your default settings to auto-subscirbe (with alerts and emails if you want) to anything you reply to.

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
Ok, I found it. The indented check box wasn't checked. One would figure all methods of 'notifications' (alerts or otherwise) would be on the same page.

The "receive email notifications" I was describing is under the (more options) reply box. Just checking those 'Alert" choices does nothing.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Yeah, I agree regarding terminology and location. Hopefully in the future version of the forum software they will address that.

Glad you found the fix!