MG5650 stuck with error 6000

beneix

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have an MG5650 showing error 6000. I have opened it up and cleaned the sensor wheel, and done a bit of rattling/shaking about, but there is no change. From reading a lot of different posts in this forum, I gather it might be worth trying to reset the absorber counter using a Service Tool. I believe I need version v5103 - can anyone confirm this? Also, I have spent over an hour looking on the web for a copy of the software, but all I get are very dicey sites. If someone could recommend a safe place to buy the tool that would also be much appreciated – or, obviously, if someone has a copy please PM me.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
From reading a lot of different posts in this forum, I gather it might be worth trying to reset the absorber counter using a Service Tool.
There is nothing in Service Mode that will correct this type of error. Our fearless Moderator was throwing a Hail Mary for this difficult error with another member's issue, but their solution was mechanical and not electrical, not that it cannot be electrical. You may have read this thread but check it out again:

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...on-mg5650-showing-error-6000.9865/#post-81513

In post #3, @PeterBJ links to another thread in his last paragraph. Read that as well as it contains Canon's list of causes for error code 6000. None of the solutions requires Service Mode per say.

Looks like I posted on this about 1 year ago. It was of no help for that member but maybe it will help you. :idunno

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/looking-for-stripe-band-for-canon-mg5350.13762/#post-119491

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
As mentioned by @stratman you cannot fix a mechanical error in the printer by doing a reset. In stead the error must be found and corrected. If you need a service tool later for an absorber reset then I recommend buying the version 5204. @palombian bought the tool and successfully reset one of the new Maxify printers. See this thread.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I have an MG5650 stuck on error 6000 and would like to get hold of a copy of the Service Tool v5103. Could you post it here? Many thanks!
I doubt 5103 is available for free, so I would buy a 5204 hack right away.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Some time ago I found a version 5103 free download. But the service tool was not fully functional. Luckily it didn't cause any damage. I bought the version 5204 recommended by palombian. I can confirm that this one works.

Latest posts