MG5350 squeaking during head cleaning

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
The chain oil I use is a dry oil, which means that it does not contain silicone. As I said, the technical information does say that it can be used on PVC, which is a soft plastic. But thank you for your warning! WD40 produce a PTFE dry spray - it's only £7 so I might purchase that and avoid the risk.

Thanks for the link to the thread for resetting the counter, and for the You Tube video warning. As I have a Mac computer, I wouldn't be able to use the service tools. However, resetting the counter is not yet a problem - not yet! I notice from the threads that the reset procedure via the printer control panel may work with the older carts - which my MG5350 use. I'll keep the link to the You Tube video. If I need to set the counter and I am unable to use the service tools, I really have nothing to lose.

I gathered from reading threads here that finding absorbers was well nigh impossible, but I'm quite happy to clean and re-use the old ones, as you suggest, when the time comes, and definitely wearing gloves!.

Thanks for your help and advice.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I gathered from reading threads here that finding absorbers was well nigh impossible, but I'm quite happy to clean and re-use the old ones, as you suggest, when the time comes, and definitely wearing gloves!.
Before removing anything from your printer don’t forget to take photos, you’d be surprised how easy it is to put things back wrong, or not at all, :confused: especially the Feckin waste pads…

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Thanks for reminding me. I suspect, sir, that you speak from (bitter!) experience. And, to be sure to indicate which cables go where and which way round they go (you can see I was an electrical engineer in my past life!).

Latest posts