Meritline G&G Ink Carts - Any good?

Muad Dib

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just bought a Pixma MG5220 after my Pixma IP3000 died (PSU tested OK - main board is dead)

For my purposes pre-filled 3rd party inck cartridges have worked well for the IP3000.

For the new Pixma MG5220 I am now I am looking at http://www.meritline.com/canon-pgi-...mpatible-with-new-chip-combo-5---p-66377.aspx

They are chipped and use G&G ink. Has anyone tried these carts in Pixmas and have anything to say good or bad about them?

Thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Muad Dib
If you have used pre-filled cartridges and inks in the past and are happy with them then Id say stay with them. :)
As for the ad with G&G ink in meritline.com
if you study them closely you will see that they only supply dye inks in both their PGI and CLI cartridges.

Now if an ink supplier wont use both pigment and dye inks in their cartridges then you might be better off
avoiding them as the quality of their inks has to be questionable.

There is also another good reason why they dont use pigment in their brand of cartridges and
thats because of the poor construction and quality output of these cartridges.

There is nothing wrong with using dye ink in your pigment cartridge, a lot of guys do and are very happy with it
but if you buy cartridges labelled as pigment and then get dye ink instead,
its a plain case of deception in my eyes, so let the buyer beware..

Muad Dib

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Hat!

Have the printer set up and working. Does a nice job given the price.

After reading your reply I did some more checking. Am going to look into refilling with this printer assuming I can overcome the chip resetting problem.
There are a number of dye based pre-filled carts available but not many pigment based or at least I have not found them yet.

Alas poor iP3000, I knew him well..... ;)

Time to do some more googling..... Thanks again.

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Dont buy those carts, they destroyed my IP4200 printhead a few years ago, a hard lesson learned. I only use Canon carts refilled with german method, not a single problem.

I saw a guy using the german method with the carts your printer uses, you could give it a try, and remember stay away from cheap inks and 3rd party cartridges.

Latest posts