Memjets anyone?

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I keep hearing about the super fast Memjets and wondered if anyone has one that is a member here? I hear they can print 60 pages a minute which may be a huge advantage for someone that needs volume printing.
Also I wonder if they have any for home use or just the business types?
I understand that the large print heads are stationary and the paper just runs under the head to accomplish printing.
I've been hearing about them for years but so far have seen none available for home use. Any information over and above this would be appreciated! Outoftheinkwell.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Unless you're using them everyday for high volume printing they would probably clog and be very difficult to clear.

You run into similar problems with CISS on Epsons without regular use, at least every week and ideally every couple days, they clog. The nice thing about Epsons though is they have a pretty robust print piezo print head and an effective cleaning system. That's why you don't really see them marketing for home use. It would be very impractical to use at home in the volumes necessary to keep them functioning. Home printers on the other hand were designed to be used intermittently.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
There are several other threads on this subject, started over the last 5 years. Use the search feature on the top bar and search for "memjet" in "all forums" and in "topic subject only".

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
As far as I know, memjet technology is not that cheap yet. The printers and the consumables cost a lot.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
ok! Guess I'll stick with the 9 printers I still have.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You keep that up and you'll need a bigger print room than me!

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
So true jtoolman but you know how toys accumulate and printers are soooooo fun!