Meltdown of Print Head Alignment

eppyson

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
Try cleaning the timing wheel on the far left side of the printer..
Also give the timing strip behind the print head another good clean, just to be sure..
P.S. Can you post up a crop of the Pic showing the problem...
Thanks. I posted images showing the vertical head alignment pattern before and after the trouble started. The second image shows exactly how the last 20 prints look. Nothing I do makes any change, including changing numbers using the alignment program. They seem stuck in the position shown on my second image.

How can I clean the timing strip without doing damage to it? Simple kleenex OK? Any liquid?

Could you help me identify which is the timing wheel?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP3
Thanks. I posted images showing the vertical head alignment pattern before and after the trouble started. The second image shows exactly how the last 20 prints look. Nothing I do makes any change, including changing numbers using the alignment program. They seem stuck in the position shown on my second image.

How can I clean the timing strip without doing damage to it? Simple kleenex OK? Any liquid?

Could you help me identify which is the timing wheel?

I’ve asked for a cropped photo showing the lines, not a head alignment..
The timing strip can be cleaned with a paper towel soaked in window cleaner, (Both side)
Here is the timing wheel from a Canon printer…

5128_paper_wheel.png
P.S. if the line is cause by timing, then all the cleaning in the world won’t fix it..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Found a video that supposedly addresses your exact issue. Read the comments as there may be further insight into this procedure. I do not use Epson so maybe you can make better sense of it than I.

I would try an automatic alignment first as this might "reset" things. Then do manual alignments as the video discusses, working your way to the desired number Epson recommends as being in alignment.