Artefil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MX495, MG7550, MG5650, MB2050
Forgot to take pictures while you were disassembling the machine ?... You lost your patience in the end.. ? ;)

I don't know if Artefil is repairing this Maxify for himself of for somebody else ( i.e. a friend or customer).
If it were my printer, I wouldn't bother at all replacing the waste ink pads and I'd simply reset the counter with a software tool, continuing to print normally until, eventually, the ink overflows. That may happen maybe after another 30 or 40K pages or perhaps the printhead would die before.
At this point, call it a day and get another Maxify, but a MB5xxx model instead of MB2xxx
I'm mainly repairing for customers (given gratis to friends, or people who need a printer but can't afford). I bought these one on Monday (15€) but not sure I'll pay the same price on a MB5xxx
Maybe I'll have an MB2150 in the next weeks for free. Then we'll see.
Even if I agree with you concerning the waste ink pad, it could be interesting for the others MB's, changing it on these one.
By the way today I've tried compatible PGI1500XL working very well, no problem at all. I'm not sure they will deliver outside of France.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Forgot to take pictures while you were disassembling the machine ?... You lost your patience in the end..
I didn’t take photos because I never completed the operation, my curiosity was just to see if the waste tank was easy to remove and it was, but at that time there was no reset available so the whole operation was pointless..

Had I known there was going to be a hack I would have put the whole procedure into a PDF.. But as you say there is no need to replace the waste ink tank at all, replace the printer instead..

Artefil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MX495, MG7550, MG5650, MB2050
@The Hat, well you'll know for the next one, that you should take picture ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@The Hat, well you'll know for the next one, that you should take picture
I usually do, but as this project was a complete failure at that time, then taking photos would only encourage others to make the same mistake , but hindsight is a wonderful thing, it’s now possible to reset the Maxify waste ink.. Ouch..

P.S. I went and bought another Maxify as a spare, nearly as cheap as a new print head.. Now no need to reset..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Another MB5150 ?. I wouldn't say they're that cheap, unless you compare the price with a Maxify megatank GX6050.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I wouldn't say they're that cheap,
No I compared it to the price of a new print head..

I got a new printer (Waste ink 0%) new print head, and a new set of inks, for a little more in price.. A special offer at the time on the Canon website..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I did the same thing months ago when the printhead of my first Maxify died. Nowadays, if that sad accident happened again (knocking on wood ), I wouldn't buy another printer, just the printhead. Not enough spare room in my small flat for bulky printers .. and too many spools of filament everywhere. :rolleyes: