Maxify is the Pitts..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@palombian Currently have the ? on the Cyan and Yellow so may well try your suggestion with the "normal" cartridge replacement methodand the aluminium tape, never tried tape on the outlet.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Maxify and Pixma range of printers apparently are designed and manufactured by different divisions inside Canon. So, what applies for Pixmas it doesn't for the Maxifys and vice-versa.
The ARC on the cyan cart of my MB5150 refused to return to full condition after it was declared empty and reinstalled. It has remained in 'unknown' condition for months, but cyan ink continues to flow normally for the time being. I'm curious to know what will happen when the ink control chamber detects that the cyan ink is exhausted. Some kind of error, I suppose,
I think you will get the B504 (If I remember the correct number) error. That freaked me out the first time it happened 😱 but I recovered it by putting in an empty OEM cart with original chip. The printer started up, reported the cart needed changed and parked it for changing. Adding the refilled OEM ARC then resulted in a reset of the chip and the printer worked as normal again.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Maxify and Pixma range of printers apparently are designed and manufactured by different divisions inside Canon. So, what applies for Pixmas it doesn't for the Maxifys and vice-versa.
The ARC on the cyan cart of my MB5150 refused to return to full condition after it was declared empty and reinstalled. It has remained in 'unknown' condition for months, but cyan ink continues to flow normally for the time being. I'm curious to know what will happen when the ink control chamber detects that the cyan ink is exhausted. Some kind of error, I suppose,
I recently ran the BK cart dry - pure laziness from my part - without additional error message.
Printhead still OK after refill...

These things are built for office use, maybe they can have some mismanagement.

steven.va

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MAXIFY MB5050
Hi All,

Just wanted to say, my Maxify is resurected from the dead!

Some moisture damage was found on the "Bind" board.Cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
(Remember I found the printer 4 years ago, dumped outside - rain....)
Connected cables again - > Works!

You can disconnect every cable you like, except this one:
DO not disconnect the connector labeled "BIND". That board contains the battery. You are in for an unpleasant
surprise, when you do. (and need to use Canon Tool) to re-set the time.

Yes, I Indeed just follow what the ARC Chip says.
Seems to match up the real ink usage pretty good.

Steven.

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Well, the mystery is solved. A few days ago my MB5150 reported at last that the cyan ink cart was depleted flashing the customary red X symbol. No odd errors. I installed the cyan cart of my other set and that one reseted with the ink at the lowest level. Let's see if it remains in this condition until is empty or whatever.
Today it was the magenta cart that triggered the red X and I replaced it with the one from my other set. Guess what?, the chip on this magenta cart, is reporting 'unknown' condition.
Obviously those autoreset chips have a short lifespan before they start playing games. Thankfully, the inkflow control at the bottom of the printhead works reliably. I weight all my carts when I remove them after declared empty and they always weight the same, give or take it a few tenths of gram. (47g the C, M and Y colors. 62g the black).

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I recently ditched the octopus-office.de magenta since it started to show less dense lines in the nozzle check.
Not really clogs, the dots were lighter and adjacent lines darker.
It went away with GI-56 M.
ARC chips behave well until now.

Last edited:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@Artur5 I may have a similar problem with the Cyan cart ARC chip. It is showing Unknown level in the display. I know it is about 75% full so will just monitor it and see what happens. Usually the machine will throw a B504 error when the cart is empty if the ARC does not work accurately. When that has happened before I have replaced with a OEM cart that is empty, topped up the ARC cart and then replaced the empty one when the printer goes thrrought the replacement routine.

Also there are some ARC chips that only last one cycle. I had them originally and replaced with a set from another seller.

Last edited:

Latest posts