Lower cost PGI-5 and CLI-8 resetter??

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Just received this e-mail. It contains information about a new lower cost Canon resetter. I don't know anything about this Canadian , Vancouver-based company, but here is the info if anyone wants to check it out...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Customers,

The most handy (approximately 10 x 12 x 8 cm), user friendly and lowest cost Resetter for Canon PGI-5/CLI-8 in the market.

Current reset system available in the market price from USD600.00 to USD8,000.00.

This one costs USD295.00 only (FOB HK)

Resetter includes :

1. Resetter Box.
2. Data Collector (a cartridge similar to CLI-8).

Equipment needed (not included in the Resetter) :

One printer ( for example, IP3300, IP4200, IP4300, IP4500, IX4000, IX500 or other models) using these cartridges PGI-5 BK, CLI-8 series, BCI-9 PGBK and BCI-7e series.

one USB cable.

Simple and USER Friendly.

Product available right now!!!

Best Regards

Rocky Mui
CEO
Cana-Pacific Ribbons Inc.
Ph: 1-604-821-1872
Fax: 1-604-821-1873
E-mail: info@cana-pacific.com

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
What's the point....save your money. For $300 you could buy a lot of canon carts and not worry about resetting the cart. Just refill and keep a check on the levels every once in a while.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Grandad35 said:
For personal use, a resetter still has the problem of the serial # on the chips.
Grandad35: for the older models (IP4200/IP4300/IP6600D/IP5200) and perhaps the earlier versions of the Canon IP4500 can reuse the same cartridges. I have one myself and can tell you that this not true. I helped some people with resetting their carts and it works great !

There are some rumours that the latest firmwares and latest models (MP970) keep track of the serial numbers inside the chips making resetted carts useless. I cannot confirm this since I do not have experience with this lates models/firmwares till now.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I had posted this in case any of the retail refillers wanted to call the company and check things out. This is not for the typical home user, to be sure.
If anyone here DOES contact them, please post any extra info here....thanks.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
KnightCrawler said:
What's the point....save your money. For $300 you could buy a lot of canon carts and not worry about resetting the cart. Just refill and keep a check on the levels every once in a while.
I entirely agree. Refilling is about saving money , not spending it on frills . Sure , the re-setter may give you back ink - monitoring and some feeling of legitamacy..................but you may as well do the monitoring and you were never in the wrong in the first place.

If you are worried about "maintaining the warranty", its a heck of a large premium to pay in my opinion !