Low ink message

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Resume/Cancel or Stop/Resume button is a push button on the printer. It is marked with a red triangle inside a red circle. See this photo of an MG4250 that I found at Canon.dk website:

MG4250 Stop-Resume.jpg

Dave77

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG4250
Thanks again for your very comprehensive reply. I recognise this button now on the printer. Thanks also for the photograph. Shall I just press it the next time I receive a low ink warning.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think so, but I don't own any Mac products, so sadly I cannot tell. Try it. The printer might behave similarly to using a Windows driver.

In Windows you would get a small window telling you to press this button if the cartridge is nearly empty and you want to finish the print job. When the cartridge is declared definitively empty the printer will refuse to print and tell why. You can override this blocking by pushing and holding the Stop/Resume button for five or ten seconds. This disables the ink monitoring. You are warned that this is registered and stored in the printer and that the warranty is void.

Dave77

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG4250
Thank you for answering all my queries I am very grateful for your help.

Dave77

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG4250
Hello again. I finally found the instructions from the firm that supplied the cartridge on their website. Your instructions were exactly the same as were given on the website.
I am very impressed with your knowledge.

Latest posts