Today I got trouble with my Pro10S and it’s all my fault.
After two colors were declared at the same time I changed all the carts with my second set, as usual, but this time Photo Black wasn’t recognized. No blinking led error on the cart itself but a message on screen says that this PB cart is no longer good. Also, paper feed light blinks in orange 4 times. I tried re-resetting that cart to no avail.
A dead chip. Bad luck. I swapped back to the other PB cart ( half full) and everything fine. Then I did my first mistake of the day. I “resetted” this healthy cart and refilled up to 33 gr. When it was reinstalled on the printer, same error. No longer recognized.
Therefore, I conclude that my chip resetter is faulty and destroys the chips or at least fails to reset them properly. How come ?. After only ten months and not much resettings. Then I recalled that, last time I refilled, I forgot to reset one of the carts before refilling, so I did it afterwards. Naturally, when you reset a full cart, the slightest pressure in the body of the cartridge ejects several drops of ink from the output port and some may infiltrate inside the resetter, possibly making an electrical short somewhere and damaging it. I removed the bottom and, sure enough, there were residues of sticky ink around the golden pins.
Cleaning that ink and trying to reset again those PB carts didn’t help. I didn’t dare to reset any other carts, of course.
In refill-land you pay for your mistakes and carelessness, fellows. If I hadn’t forgot to reset before refilling, no ink would have dripped. Even then, if I had bothered to check the inside of the resetter when the ink dripped, I’d been able to clean it and no harm done. Now I have to purchase another redsetter and a couple of empty PB carts. In the meantime, the printer is inoperative because there’re no useable PB carts.
What I don’t know is if these 2 chips are definitively dead or they can be recalled to life by a resetter in good working order.
Stuff already ordered from Octoinkjet and call it a day.
