Looking for supplier of decent ink in New Zealand

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Anyone here got any recommendations?

Im hoping to refill and want MIS or Formulabs or Hobbicolors. You folks in the USA/Europe etc wanna be soooo greatful you have choices at your fingertips!!! Finding decent, easy to obtain, stuff here is rarer than hens teeth. :/

Ive been googling and googling and all Ive come up with so far is Formulabs ink in 3rd party carts, and nobody so it seems, wants to be clear or upfront about all the info you need. For example they want you to email them for the price!!! They give you SOME of the info but you have to chase them for the rest. This is nationally, so, fat chance of finding anything locally eh???, in fact I refused to buy a local vendors 3rd party carts as they refused to tell me what brand of ink they were using, only that it was the best quality......yeah right..... :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant guys, but sometimes lack of choice can "get up ya nose".

Thanks for any help
Music Image

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
read your post and now feel a little better about being in the USA.

But have you tried www.inksupply.com which seems to carry MIS inks? Although not super clear, it looked like they had some internation shipping options.

You can go to the www.hobbicolors.com website which is not really ready for prime time yet, but will give contact links. At this time hobbicolors mostly vends on ebay----but will do out of US shipping--to New Zeland is a I don't know---I recall one out of USA constomer could get hobbicolors to ship to an out of USA address but the hang up was having a pay pal account for payment. So having or knowing someone who has a pay pal account may be a necessity in dealing with hobbicolors.

But hopefully someone with better information can also post.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Osage for your quick response,

Heh, Actually Ive just been replying to one of your threads over in another subforum. Yeah, The "lovely" NZ isnt the fantastic place its cracked up to be 1/2 the time. Trying to get quality stuff here is sometimes like trying to get blood out of a stone. Its even been said that we are the dumping ground for everyone elses offcasts. So there you have it folks, the last stop off before the plug hole.(Hope you see this, Prime Minister Helen Clark) ...

Well, enuff ranting, so I'll go check out those links.

Thanks,
Music Image.

Correzpond

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am based in Sydney Australia and have successfully & very easily imported both MIS Inks (from their Website) and Hobbicolors Inks (via the Ebay link) into Australia. Initially I contacted Hobbicolors because their ebay site didn't indicate international shipping, but Dave from Hobbicolors was happy to put a link which provided for international shipping of the products I required (replacement inks for the Canon ip8500) when I emailed him direct. Assuming that the US-Australia FTA hasn't been invisably oiling the wheels of these transactions on my behalf, it should be just as easy to import into NZ.

P.S. I would trade your Helen Clark for our John Howard anytime.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses so far guys, ..appreciate it.

I know a big issue with me is I dont like trading online. Ive never done it and if I can possibly swing it I wont. Its often in the news here how some kid or some scumbag has hacked into something ripped off people. Right now Im looking at other ways of paying. Taking my needs into account which isnt a lot really, by the time I pay for shipping etc it would nullify any savings. REMEMBER ...in NZ they think of a price and triple it. Thats usually right across the board too.

Correzpond,

"P.S. I would trade your Helen Clark for our John Howard anytime."

You have got to be kidding ....right??

:| :/ :eek: ..........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway really theres no diff, theyre all as bad as one another.

CHeers Music Image

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To Music Image,

Most of us don't live next door or even within easy driving distance of a quality ink supplier. So mail order is the only game in town. If you want to be 100% sure no one can rip you off--don't buy from anyone.
Otherwise its a matter of choosing a supplier--paying your money--and taking your chances. But if you choose wisely, your chance of having an unpleasant experience is very small. But never zero. Its just a reality of modern life.

Given that a hacker can join the party, its still a crime--with about the same sentence regardless of amount ripped off------do you really think a hacker would risk being caught for the low money amount an ink order entails? So maybe you need to find a friend more comfortable with online transactions--and let them order for you.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Osage...."do you really think a hacker would risk being caught for the low money amount an ink order entails?"

Its not so much that that I was talking about, but ability to find out your banking/personal details in the process thereof, which then would make it worthwhile.

There are still a number of options I would like to look at B4 I take the route of online transactions.

Music Image