Looking for Stripe Band for CANON MG5350

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
QC3-3927 seems to works also on MP550...
You are probably right. The MP550 and MP560 might be identical or very similar. I searched for a service manual and parts catalog for the MP550 and found this. It is a service manual and parts catalog for MP560 in one PDF file. But notice the file name that suggests that the manuals also apply to the MP550.

By the way, I found some stain on the wheel (see picture) but I can't get it away with the "Pharmacist Solution".
What do you think about?
I think that the ink stain on the right hand disk can cause the error 6000 as the sensor could skip some markings. This could bring the optical readings for the two disks out of sync. If rubbing the disk with pharmacist's cleaning solution on a piece of soft tissue paper doesn't work then try to add some extra ammonia to the solution or try a window cleaner with ammonia.

You might consider a new printer instead of spending 45 Euros and not being sure if it will work.

I agree.

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
There’re Ebay vendors from USA selling QC-3927 spares, either new or used. Prices, as I said before, are absurd (35-45 Euro) if we consider the manufacturing cost of this strip of film, probably less than 1 Euro/USD.

If you measure accurately the length of your strip, there’s a remote possibility that one of my spares would fit your printer. The key question seems to be the length of the stripped part and the position of those black dots at both ends. See in the pictures what they look like and the length of each.

View attachment 9942View attachment 9943
Hello Artur5,
thank you for your replying . The stripe I do have is 36,8cm and the Dot on the Right side is 2,15(17)mm away from the last line. Best to you

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
According to Canon, Eror 6000 may be something other than a timing strip issue:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137916
Examples of what may be causing your Error 6000, and potential fix:

https://medium.com/@bennymarker01/how-to-troubleshoot-canon-printer-error-code-6000-8a224835356f
http://resources.lasertekservices.com/tag/error-code-6000/
From that last link:

That's a lot of things that might be part of the problem, including dust and paper pieces jamming things up. Good you are starting with the easily accomplished potential fixes, like cleaning.

Maybe a replacement timing strip fixes all. Maybe not.

You might consider a new printer instead of spending 45 Euros and not being sure if it will work.
You're right... I had just a ugge gear sound and after a couple of hours using it, it stopped that's the reason why I started to try to fix it and of course found a lot of details like the one I showed on the past post.
Thanks anyway for your help.

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
According to Canon, Eror 6000 may be something other than a timing strip issue:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137916
Examples of what may be causing your Error 6000, and potential fix:

https://medium.com/@bennymarker01/how-to-troubleshoot-canon-printer-error-code-6000-8a224835356f
http://resources.lasertekservices.com/tag/error-code-6000/
From that last link:

That's a lot of things that might be part of the problem, including dust and paper pieces jamming things up. Good you are starting with the easily accomplished potential fixes, like cleaning.

Maybe a replacement timing strip fixes all. Maybe not.

Hello Stratman,
I change the stripe band, and nothing changed 6000 is still here.
Do you think that the gear from a MP550 is similar than a MG5350?
I could mount it instead of...
What do you think?
Best regards

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do you think that the gear from a MP550 is similar than a MG5350?
I do not know.

Besides inspection of both gears, if you had the part # for each gear you could determine if they are the same part. I do not have a parts catalog/manual for either printer.

Adam B

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4000
As you said in the other thread, Error 6000 is for the disk film. Changing the strip film probably wouldn’t help. Also it’s unlikely that the disk is damaged, although it may be dirty, so there’s a chance that cleaning it would fix the problem, but it seems far more likely your suggestion of the purge unit.

Anyway, concerning the ‘possibly damaged’ strip film, @zapat should tell us the Reference of that part. It’s printed on the right end, The picture he/she posted it’s too small to see anything.
Part number is: QCX-XXXX where X can be any number from 0 to 9.
I have four spares from ‘deceased’ Canon printers, all different :
QC1-6526 - QC1-4284 - QC3-3935 - QC1-8293
The last one is for the A3+ wide Pro9000, too long for a MG5350 of course, but the other three are for A4 printers and none of them has the same length. I’m afraid then that only the exact reference will be of use.

Maybe searching Ebay or other places it can be found.
For instance, I entered QC1-4284 or QC1-6526 and found vendors on Ebay, although prices are very expensive, quite preposterous when we include shipping costs ( 40-60 euro total ), At this point probably it would be better to buy a new printer.

None of my former Canons were multifunction printers and there’s only a very small chance that any of my spare strip films would fit a MG5350 but if it were so, I’d send it to him/her for free of course,
Regards and bonne chance.
Hi Artur5
I am interested in the QC1-4284 timing strip you have... I have ink on mine which I fear will confuse it... unless I can find a solvent that will remove ink without damaging the strip...
I agree that the US Ebay prices would buy a new printer!
Kind regards
Adam

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
Hi Artur5
I am interested in the QC1-4284 timing strip you have... I have ink on mine which I fear will confuse it... unless I can find a solvent that will remove ink without damaging the strip...
I agree that the US Ebay prices would buy a new printer!
Kind regards
Adam
You can clean it up with the Pharmacian solution. Personaly I use some Amoniac /Isopropylic Alcohol/Window cleaner product. Works pritty good.
;-)

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
I do not know.

Besides inspection of both gears, if you had the part # for each gear you could determine if they are the same part. I do not have a parts catalog/manual for either printer.

Hello Stratman,I got an MG5350 with a dead Printhead (error message) than I set the printhead of my other MG5350.
Everything was OK until I tried to print the Test page. Nothing on the paper appears.
I thought maybe is the Printhead completly clogged but after a full clean service... Nothing happened.
No error message but also nothing at all. May it comes from the mother board even without any error message??
No noises... no negative informations...
Any ideas?
Best regards in between.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Maybe the print head is completely clogged. Maybe there is an electrical malfunction in the print head and it is irreversible. It is unlikely that two printers would have the same issue NOT related to the print head, however, there is the very rare chance that an electrical failure in the print head can cause an electrical failure in the logic assay board -- and vice versa.

The most important thing at this point is to NOT print anything other than a nozzle check until function is restored or else risk burning out the nozzles permanently (if not already).

Obviously, all the ink cartridges must be known to function, ie have ink and the ink flows out appropriately. Some use the gentle squeeze technique to see if ink will drip out. Others uses a paper towel and press the cartridges' ink exit ports onto it to contact the sponge within and see if and how ink deposits on the paper towel.

It might be that you will need new cartridges, or flush/reset/refill the old cartridges to ensure properly functioning cartridges. The idea here is to not confuse ink starvation from poorly functioning cartridge with a problem in the print head. Remove as many confounding causes as possible to help narrow the culprit cause.

As for the print head, I would rinse under warm, not hot, water in the sink until all or little traces of ink is seen. Then soak the print head in water in a non-reactive bowl (glass, plastic, etc) containing water and several drops of liquid dish washing soap such as Dawn or Fairy with enough solution to cover the ink inlet ports of the print head. Place a folded up paper towel underneath the print head nozzle exits on the bottom - your can pump the print head up and down onto the paper towel to help hently force the solution into the print head. I change the water when it discolors or after 12 hours and change the paper towel at this time, too.

PATIENCE is the key factor here. You soak as long as your patience allows and then do it some more. I'd allow at least 24 hours if not 72 hours. Then thoroughly;y rinse the print head under the tap in the sink, gentle wipe water with a paper towel and let dry over night. Make sure no fluid is on the electrical contact area of the print head and then install back in the printer along with your new or reconditioned cartridges.

Now print a nozzle check. If nothing or only some ink appears, then try a deep clean ONE TIME ONLY and then another nozzle check. Post the nozzle checks and your observations. Let the printer sit over night - sometimes this allows for ink to seep out from the cartridges and begin flowing into the print head. The following day, try another nozzle check, post here and do nothing else with the printer till someone here give advice on next step.

Of course if the nozzle check is perfect, fingers crossed, then you are done and can start print happily again. :ya If no change, then new printer time. :hit

Latest posts