lines on my prints

Michael Messner3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9880
I am getting some lines on the right hand side of my paper in the direction of the paper travel. Happens even with plain paper. 4 1/2 inch to 4 inches in from the right I tried cleaning the little rollers and blowing out the paper feed. The lines don't show up anywhere else, just thes

Attachments

• lines on print.jpg
    lines on print.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 201

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am getting some lines on the right hand side of my paper
The most likely cause could be dirt on the timing wheel on the left hand side of your printer, this Pic is from a Canon printer but your will look similar, try cleaning both sides with a paper towel gently..
wheel.JPG

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not really clear yet about the direction of the lines, it appears to be a positioning issue, and such timing wheel is a typical cause, but you may check es well whether you can get access to the horizontal timing strip - a small gray plastic band which spans over the complete print width and passes through a sensor on the rear of the printhead carriage, this band collects ink vapor over time, and can be cleaned with a piece of kitchen paper towel and a little bit of window cleaner.
Since you are running a 9880 you are running a 44" printer, some of the internal hardware is at different locations or may look different to desktop printers, and access to the inside may require taking off some covers. If cleaning of the mentioned items does to fix the issue you probably need to get a service manual for further actions.

Michael Messner3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9880
You have certainly helped me in the past! The lines are in the direction of paper travel. The Photo I supplied is in the orientation it comes out of the printer. It is upside down when it comes out as in the photo. I will clean the band you mentioned. I think I will use Windex first then my special ammonia free art glass cleaner. I have been using Epson Metallic Paper and enjoying it. The PDF Manual is too large to upload. This is the link https://elektrotanya.com/epson_styluspro_7880_9880_sm.pdf/download.html#dl

Michael Messner3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9880
Looks like it's on page 109 of the Field Service Manual. I can drop box it. Won't upload too large.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for your feedback, I would be glad more of the problems reported here can be fixed that easily - even remotely .
Enjoy printing and create more of such splendid printouts.