Lexmark X6570 refill - not!!!

udornf4

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:mad:

Sorry to whine on my first post here.

I AM NOT using the recycle / returnable Lexmark Cartridges

I purchased a refill kit and re-filled the (just about empty) black cartridge (#44XL) - no problem.

The vendor instruction say just fill the cartridge(s) and continue to print (even though the Lexmark Software says it is empty) - wrong!

The printer software thinks the black cartridge is empty now and will not print from that cartridge. It tells me that it is referring to the color cartridge (factory near-full 43XL color cartridge). Black printing comes out in gray - since it will not use the black cartridge anymore.

I'm thinking you can refill these cartridges - but cannot really use them.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
First off.....Lexmark and Dell (which are both the same printers) are the worst printers in the industry to buy. Second, Lexmark and Dell have a very high failure rate, they tend to burn out easily. These are 2 of the main reasons Refill Technicians are not refilling/recycling these cartridges as much as they did years ago. Your cartridge is probably no good......also this seems to be more proliferant in multifunction Lexmark printers such as yours. Another thing to watch for is, the Lexmark software included with the printer, make sure you do NOT allow automatic updates from Lexmark. Their firmware updates can render a refilled/recycled cartridge useless.

Ken_CW_Honolulu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
tigerwan said:
First off.....Lexmark and Dell (which are both the same printers) are the worst printers in the industry to buy.
They are fine as long as you use only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) supplies and pay the attendant costs. Lexmark/Dell is VERY aggressive both technically and legally in preventing refill/reuse.