Leading edge detection

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You have missed my point regarding side margins, paper held in the back feed tray incorrectly will effect the start margin more than you may think, check that the paper is not too tightly or loosely held in before you start to print.

Also ensure that there are no dog-ears on the leading edge and the paper curled is backwards..

telv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your further input. I agree with your earlier suggestion that alignment problems are much more unlikely to arise with the centrally located feed rollers and can confirm that this isn't an alignment issue. It makes no difference how loose or tight the paper is held in the tray the printer will always print too soon if card is fed in and too late if thin paper is fed in.

Because I have run several hundred different papers and card through the machine looking at every aspect of feeding I know about, I think I can say with some certainty this isn't where the effect originates. Because I can only overcome it by altering the margins on the document it's probably time to replace the machine with something different!