Last of the MP560 (at a good price)

guyg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
HI, long time lurker, 1st post. So I have been soaking up loads of great information here, alot of you really know your stuff! Just a little history, I tried reflilling many years ago and it was a bad experience, this was really before the forums we have now where you can really learn from others. So for many years I have just not printed much, refusing to pay those prices for ink. I went thru a few throw-aways, buy them real cheap,use up the ink, and out they go if i needed to print and could not find another way around it. I've come to a place where i needed a good a.i.o though, so after alot of research I got an MX870 at Staples for $90.00, (after getting $50.00 for an old printer trade-in).
I got a resetter, virgin empty carts, and ink from PrecisionColors, so I should be good to go but have not had to refill yet.

I was looking in the same family of printheads to see what was available to pick up a spare printhead and a new set of carts. The IP3600 is readily available for around $80.00.

A quick trip to Walmart and I found the MP560, store stock only, for $79.00. With this printer you get wireless, duplex printing, copy, scan, which the IP3600 does not have. I picked up two for my kids, now we all have the same carts and printheads. Hopefully in a few years these will be the printers from the "good old days"

So, if you're interested check your local WallyWorld, These printers are going from $150.00 to $300.00 on Amazon allready.

P

pgobkac

Thanks for the heads-up. Did you get the 220/221 printer? If so:
* how is it working?
* how does it compare to your 220/221 MX870?
* does it have semi-clear or opaque tanks?

guyg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I like the mp560 alot, it came with the older 221's. It's basically the same as the mx870 being they have the same printhead but without the document feeder it is smaller ( the mx870 is BIG ). Either one is a good choice but I think the mp560 is going to my daughter, I am really tempted by the mp990 refurbished from canon for $89.99 curently, I just wonder if there are any coupon codes to bring it down some.