Kodak Hero 3.1

eagles

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I JUST BOUGHT A KODAK HERO 3.1 WIRELESS PRINTER YESTERDAY. I DID NOT WANT ANY MORE HP PRINTERS AS THE 4500 WIRELESS I HAVE IS VERY HIT AND MISS ON GENERIC INK . Half the time it says see the manual , ink cartridge problems and wont use them , half the time it does. even from the same company . once I got home I went to find the best cost for generic inc for the kodak which is their number 30 and no matter how hard i look i can NOT find one company making it ? PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHERE TO GET CHEAP CARTRIDGES FOR THIS MACHINE. I saw a few places offering ink to refill but almost everyone I spoke to said it turns into a mess and seldom gets good results . SURELY this number 30 is not some top secretly made cartridge no one can copy ? Thank you for any help.If I get no good response today I take it back tomorrow and search for a cheap wireless I CAN get after market ink for that will work. Any ideas ? email me at willsanders@earthlink.net

joseph99929

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
#30 chips aren't available yet so it will be a while before compatible cartridges for this model are released.

However #10 compatibles are widely available. To my knowledge, it took about a year after the #10 was launched for compatibles to become available so you should have something for the #30 in the coming months.

It's always important to check refill costs/compatible cartridge costs before buying any printer.

eagles

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you . I thought this one had been out over a year BUT that is why I kept the receipt and have not opened it yet until I heard a reply. I am surprised it takes the knock of companies that long . When I saw the hordes of Kodak after market ones for sale, even on ebay I thought they had them all . I might keep it and hope it does not take long . Any ideas of which after market company I might call that is the most on things like this and might give me a time frame ? A few months is ok a Year is not .

joseph99929

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It's hard to say who will be first to market with a new ink cartridge. What you can do is check Alibaba to see if cartridges have come out.

(Actually, I just checked and there is a factory in China that claims to have them)

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/507615883/Compatible_Ink_Cartridge_for_Kodak_30.html

This means they should start appearing on eBay and on North American websites in the coming weeks, if they actually work. Alternatively, you can try to contact these guys yourself and place an order for a couple, but the price will not be cheap if you don't order a very large quantity. Also, there is no guarantee they will work. Since these guys are the only ones who claim to have a #30 cartridge, I am a bit skeptical. Usually, when the product is out, all the Chinese companies start offering it.

eagles

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you I just heard from a supplier I contacted on ebay they will have them next month !!