Known good supplier of refillable carts for 1430?

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Hi Motoguy,

Not sure if the Inkjetfly system has a modular system with chips attached to a removable bar. In this case you could ask for an upgrade of the chips bar. www.inkrepublic.com sells modular damper CISS systems, which can be easily upgraded by replacing this chip bar (for example to make it compatible with newer firmware, that disables existing CISS chips).
My IJF CISS system does not have the chips attached to a removable bar. Each cart has it's own individual chip.

My 1430 arrived yesterday...I'd like to put it to use ASAP, but I've read horror stories about using the OEM carts prior to installing 3rd party systems. Some people have stated that using the OEM carts "locked out" their unit, and would not let it accept aftermarket CIS systems afterwards. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this? I have the unopened carts that came with the 1430, as well as a near-full set of carts in my 1400 that I'd like to use.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for reputable vendors of the V6 1400 refill carts mentioned above, I'd sure appreciate a note.

Thanks!

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've sent mikling an e-mail, and clicked on the link in his sig, but it links to an incomplete web page that doesn't list ink setups for Epson. Hopefully his reply e-mail will be helpful. Thanks!

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So, I hooked up this 1430 yesterday. Today my wife clicked "yes" when the printer asked to update itself. I am, shall we say, less than happy at this time.

How bad did this screw me? Will refillable carts / CIS systems still work in it, or am I now locked to OEM units?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The latest information I've had on this is that refillable cartridges (well some anyway) are not affected in the same way as CIS systems... At present I know of only a UK distributor for the Photo 1500 (same printer, different chip and country so no help) but there do appear to be ARC chips out there that can work so worth continuing to look.