Killed 2 Canon pixma mg5350 printers

Gdog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5350
Hi everybody came here as a last resort.
B200 print head fault error searched Internet and found a suggestion to open lid till printhead moved to lefthand side then close lid before getting to ink cartridge change position. B200 error disappeared and display came on then went to setup print test pattern started to clean printhead than as soon as it started to do test print printer went dead no power light or display pc said printer error cancel print.
I have tried all button power on combinations still won't power up dead.
I hope someone can help as it seem a shame to bin 2 printers

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That's actually a pretty long life time for the printhead of a MG5350, the B200 error is typically an electronic failure of the printhead, in some cases together with the motherboard. Genuine printheads are most likely not available anymore on the market at reasonable prices - and refurbished printheads via China are in most cases not worth the money; a printhead can be cleaned but the nozzles cannot be rejuvenated.

I would recommend to look for a new printer instead

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The QY6-0080 printhead for the MG5350 is still available from regular suppliers of Canon spare parts, see this. this, this and this. I think more regular sellers can be found. If the printer is in a good condition apart form a defective printhead, it might be worth it to buy a new printhead. The newest Canon printers use some terribly expensive cartridges (PGI-x80/CLI-x81) for which no resetter exists. Even aftermarket cartridges are very expensive.

But there is a risk that the defective printhead has adamaged the Logic board in the printer. A damaged logic board might damage a new printhead. You decide if you want to gamble.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
A damaged logic board might damage a new printhead. You decide if you want to gamble.
That's a problem I experienced myself, only a working printhead - pretty much used up - could be used for a test if the motherboard still works - or that printhead gets killed and sacrificed. The MG5350 was on the market about 10 years ago so it did pretty well over this period but it's time for a replacement I think.

Gdog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5350
I think the logic board is locked up I am hoping some one knows if there is a way to factory reset board ie jumper link or pins to short out etc.
By the way re £18 Ebay Chinese print heads most only print in black and judging by reviews are old print heads dont buy because your b200 error printhead can be made to print in black only.
Go to YouTube search for RE ROSE CANON B200 ERROR FIXED she deserves the credit as she spent many hours blanking off different pins to stop B200 error downside it will then only print in black. I did try it and it works.

Ps As I am new to any forum not sure if that should be anew post.

Gdog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5350
The QY6-0080 printhead for the MG5350 is still available from regular suppliers of Canon spare parts, see this. this, this and this. I think more regular sellers can be found. If the printer is in a good condition apart form a defective printhead, it might be worth it to buy a new printhead. The newest Canon printers use some terribly expensive cartridges (PGI-x80/CLI-x81) for which no resetter exists. Even aftermarket cartridges are very expensive.

But there is a risk that the defective printhead has adamaged the Logic board in the printer. A damaged logic board might damage a new printhead. You decide if you want to gamble.
I dont think it is a printhead problem 1 printhead worked OK the other had b200 error which after doing re rose Youtube mod printed fine in black these were also interchanged between the 2 printers the printer wont power up no lights dead it was doing the other youtube sequence that killed the printer some one suggested logic board stuck trying to finish test print

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I dont think it is a printhead problem 1 printhead worked OK the other had b200 error
Oh well - you don't even know for sure - if you start swapping around a (potentially) defect printhead you may end up killing the next motherboard, and that one kills another printhead - what do you gain ? There are plenty strange 'hack' type mods on the internet - e.g. covering up contact pads but nobody is reporting back for how long that fix actually worked - a day or a week ?
I don't think you'll find support for such actions here on this forum

Get a new printer and move on, full stop…
if you need to print in black then get a mono laser..

Gdog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5350

Thanks for reply and print cartridge warning you saved me buying a canon printer that I cannot reset and refill the ink cartridge
Can you recommend a canon printer to buy that will let you reset the cartridge chips and refill them or buy after market cartridges
Ps my psu has a blown fuse but did not fix output voltage 11volt and 11 volts instead of 24volts + 32 volts so still working on psu