Key design error on the chinese CFS/CIS.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I got one of those with the tank that's in a circle. When I installed it, one line was totally blocked. I tried priming but nothing came thru the catridge.
Then I was looking at it and it dawned on me that it is getting ink from the bottom of the tank.....bad news. You never get liquid from a tank from the bottom, you always use a dip tube. That way any dust dirt, sediments etc... settles at the bottom and does not settle into the entry of the tube. Sure you give up some ink but you leave the crud behind.

I think that is exactly what has happened to my system, some foreign object/dirt etc... in stuck in that tiny hole and priming it, only jams it more.

Then I look at the way MIS was doing it and they consistently use a dip tube.
Furthermore, why would you put a joint/fitting at the bottom of an ink tank? can you imagine it leaking????

I'm going to convert mine to a dip system like MIS's. The other thing is that MIS recommends that you throw out what's left at the bottom and clean the bottle because of the algae growing in there. No wonder so many people have problems with a cheap CIS after a few months.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I hadn't actually thought about that aspect of things but you're right, especially where pigment ink is concerned there is a tendancy for ink to seperate out and for sediment, etc.. to fall to the bottom.. Of course you're always recommended to give the tanks a gentle swirl from time to time but yeah it'll still happen.