just did my first refill on pixma ip4500...whats next?

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok so here are the things I did...I printed a page with texts, and it came out with white streaks.I did a nozzle check and the result above is what I got, (missing segments.) I ran a cleaning cycle and after that another nozzle check and this time the nozzle check came out fine. I printed a solid black page and copied it six times and the sixth page is what I posted on post #16. Looking back at the previous nozzle check I did last time this happened which was couple days ago the missing segments are different.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Can you do four nozzle checks one right after the other? You can use the same piece of paper on both sides. Do they come out the same or different?

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr

To update you on my issue, I was able to fix it buy changing the cartridge. I had an extra OEM cartridge lying around that has never been refilled and I purged it using the 'Purging via German Method', this method did not clean the sponge material very well though but I went ahead and dried it and refilled. After couple of weeks I have not gotten the problem mentioned before. Thank You! :D