I've lost my PRO 3800/3880 service manual!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Does anyone have it? The links no longer seem to work and I've now have a serious problem.
As you all may know I just got a practically new 3880 and I noticed the other day that the Cyan Cart was stuck. It was stuck because it was WET on the under side and would not pop out on its own.
So I carefully used a thin blade to try to dislodge the side and bottom of the cart body from the slot and even eventually it slid out. I looked at it and cleaned and dried it and reinserted it.
The next day there was a huge puddle of CYAN ink not only on the 3880's paper tray but it has dripped all over my 3880 directly below it.
I spend 2 hours till 2am this morning cleaning and cleaning.
Now the 3880 is leaking cyan like a sieve!
What the hell happened.
I've done tons of testing and checking and my conclusion is that some became disconnected in the ink delivery system quite likely directly behind the where the ink cart connects with the CYAN ink stem.
If I keep the printer off and thus unpressurized, I can eventually reach a point where no more ink is dripping onto the front loader tray, which by the way is now 100% stuck and will not operate. Then when I install an OEM CYAN Cart, and pressurize the printer, the dripping begins in a few minutes.
SOOOOOOO, at this point I am fed up with the printer and I should begin to dismantle it.
Thus the need for the manual which I though I had!!!
Thanks in advance!
Joe

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Joe,

I have the 3880 service manual. Send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Bob

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Joe,

I have the 3880 service manual. Send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Bob

Thanks a million!!!

Joe

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have now edited this post, so now there are two new links to the service manual. You can now also have a parts catalog for the printer.