Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It looks like the "Minde" mirror comes with a safety film, to reduce damage if the mirror is broken. I wonder if this film is only for protection in shipment and should be removed when installing the mirror, or the film could cause problems when the mirror is used in a 3D printer? The instruction tells nothing about removing a safety film.

BTW there is an error in the instruction, 3/4" does not equal 15mm but approximately 19mm.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The response I got from GearBest was pretty lousy, and so much for their English support staff too, a Feckin week and nothing.:hu

I contacted Creality China directly, (Suggested by @ninj) and they were not too happy to help either, because I bought the printer through GearBest and not them directly, but they relented and dealt with my printer issue there and then.

Half an hour after emailing Creality, I got an Email from some Chinese guy and his written English was terrible, a lot of the sentences were backwards, but having Dyslexia myself was a great asset, it wasn’t hard to figure out what he had written. (Blind leading the blind)

He went about suggesting a list of things I could do to determine what the problem might be, I would then go and test out his theory's and mail him back with my results and answers, he was still waiting on my reply.:caf

It only took him two replies to find the underlying cause of my problem and it was solved, the solution all dough not directly related to my problem was easily fixed and my big beautiful beast is now working away properly once more.:weee

This Chinese guy was a Friggin genus to solve the problem so quickly, not to mention his patience, and his diagnostic skills were second to none, especially communicating with me through English, he made me one happy camper...:hugs
10 out of 10 for Creality...:thumbsup
Case closed...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Since getting my beast up and running again, it has performed flawlessly after all my new upgrades, I only had to re-level the platform before commencing the first project and she’s is now on her third print run.:ya

I can say I won’t be going anywhere near GearBest again, in reality most of these sites only want your purchase and if there’s a little problem later, they don’t want to know you... :hu
what was the cause and the solution, Sherlock
There was a little jumper pin not quite seated on the motherboard and the micro switch plug was barely hanging on too...

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Gearbest do not have a great reputaton for service :( Also some Chinese traders now only give 3 mths warranty on some products, so best to check them out before buying anything.

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
There was a little jumper pin not quite seated on the motherboard and the micro switch plug was barely hanging on too...
I've had similar problems when modifying things on the printer. Eventually I discover one of the connectors has got dislodged. It's particularly confusing if the connector is still connected, but only just, because then I get an intermittent problem.

Now if I something happens I can't explain, I first check all connectors are secure.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I reckon I spoke to soon, the CR-10 is humming away to its hearts content, but the Feckin Mono Mini is now on the blink, the heat bed has all but stopped working, it used to heat every now and then but it has finally pack in altogether.

I contacted Monoprice.com about the problem and got the, SORRY but you didn’t buy it from us, so sling your hook, I am now trying Amazon to see if they’ll play ball.

I have tried to get a motherboard myself online, but because the printer is so new, I’m been told to contact Monoprice support because theses boards are still under warrantee, I get the feeling I’m chasing my tail...

The only good news is I can continue to use the MP mini with PLA because it’s not necessary to have the bed heated while using that type filament...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You've been working those printers like rented mules. No wonder they get a little ornery and quit working on you sometimes. ;)

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
I reckon I spoke to soon, the CR-10 is humming away to its hearts content, but the Feckin Mono Mini is now on the blink, the heat bed has all but stopped working, it used to heat every now and then but it has finally pack in altogether.

I contacted Monoprice.com about the problem and got the, SORRY but you didn’t buy it from us, so sling your hook, I am now trying Amazon to see if they’ll play ball.

I have tried to get a motherboard myself online, but because the printer is so new, I’m been told to contact Monoprice support because theses boards are still under warrantee, I get the feeling I’m chasing my tail...

The only good news is I can continue to use the MP mini with PLA because it’s not necessary to have the bed heated while using that type filament...

I agree with @stratman. If you ask your heat bed to work under those conditions 24/7 for some months, I'm not surprised if it decides it's had enough.:hit

But the motherboard would be the last thing I'd try. I'd be concerned that if you simply replace the motherboard, it may not fix the problem. Forgive me stating the obvious, but are you sure the connection to the thermistor is OK at the motherboard?

Or with a meter and a suitably rated power supply, you may be able to determine whether the thermistor resistance is actually changing as the heat bed warms up. Or there's this http://www.nf6x.net/2016/07/monoprice-select-mini-heated-bed-thermistor-replacement/, but it looks like a lot of work.