issue with Canon borderless setting

morgainebrigid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
(note: if this isn't the best place on the forum for this question, please let me know)

I run two Canons - an i 850 and an i560. They are virtually identical in every way that I can tell.
I print independent comics and magazines and I like to use the 'borderless' feature so I don't have to cut paper as much, and it comes out looking neater.
Unfortunately, my printer software seems to think it's smarter than I am, and that I don't really want to print 'standard' quality if I'm choosing 'borderless.'
I would rather print standard because that setting uses just black ink for the color black. The higher settings want to blend all the colors, and the result is a black that isn't as solid and dark as I'd like it to be. Thus I've had to choose between borderless and a really nice black.
I've tried dinking with all the settings to get around this. Is there a way to make it print standard AND borderless?

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You can use the matte paper setting, or the "Other photo paper" setting to print standard and borderless. Perhaps you should try those settings, and post your results.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. I'm sure your publishing expertise will be welcomed by all.

jure849

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I also want to print borderless and standard (plain paper setting) from my Canon ip1500 for the same reasons as morgainebrigid. Using the matte or other settings does not resolve the issue. Does anyone have an answer? Thanks so much.