Is There Anybody Out There...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ever since I’ve stopped 3D printing, there seems to be a huge lull in 3D printing and posts.

I have no choice but I don’t know what the Feck is wrong with everyone else, has it gone out of fashion or what, and there’s me I can’t wait to get up and running again, because my job jar is filling up waiting on me to complete the lamp standard.. :(

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've been doing odd printing projects here and there, but have been swamped with work and house projects such that I haven't been able to print as much and also not as much time to take pics / post about it. Hopefully will have a break soon!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
:yuckyuck

Steve J

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro1000, Prusa I3MK3
Perhaps no one is having problems. I try to figure out my 3D printing problems myself.

I have an ancient Flashforge Creator clone from Monoprice, and have just ordered a Prusa i3Mk3S. I use Alibre for design, and Simplify 3D for slicing. I make parts for stuff around the house, and the last part I made was the electrical plug for a Miele power head for the vacuum cleaner (I got the cord on eBay, but it had no connector to the power head. I had a couple of pins in the electronics junkbox. I use carbon-impregnated PLA from Makergeeks (I always had good luck with them), and every part I make is functional.

I do have a Canon Pro1000 printer that works great.

Also, I am no printing apprentice. I just don't post much. Too busy, I suppose.

Anyone have any experience with Octoprint? I don't seem much use for the camera if the printer is in the same room as you. Getting up to look at the printer is good exercise.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I make parts for stuff around the house, and the last part I made was the electrical plug for a Miele power head for the vacuum cleaner
Why not post up some of the bits and pieces you’ve made.. You might spark others interested.. ;)

Steve J

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
How do I post things?

I was considering getting a Creality CR10, but I wanted something that I didn't have to futz with. 3D printing is not my hobby, making things is.

One day, I am going to build a 2' x 2' x 2' printer using commercial closed-loop motion control stuff. I have come to the conclusion that you can't just scale up a small printer (the Chinese are trying, though). Years ago, I worked with Milgo Electronics designing big pen plotters.

PS: I'm an EE.

Steve J

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Perhaps there is little 3D printing on the forum because there are lots of forums dedicated to 3D printing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I was considering getting a Creality CR10, but I wanted something that I didn't have to futz with. 3D printing is not my hobby, making things is... How do I post things?
You can make your printer as big as you like, or just stay modest and set your sights on a CR-10, the bigger the printer the more filament you use.. And the more fun you'll have..
P.S. what's an EE...?
This might help..
post2.jpg click to enlarge...
Perhaps there is little 3D printing on the forum because there are lots of forums dedicated to 3D printing
We like to combined both..