Is there a place to buy Genuine Canon ink in bulk?

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
Stick with OEM Canon ink for dependable results.

See if the GI-13 inks are cost effective, and if so, start refilling the CLI-151 OEM cartridges if possible.

You will either need a chip resetter specific for your model cartridge or you can swap in a ARC chip on the OEM cartridges.

Or, you can go with an aftermarket cartridge with ARC chips already on them.

To find resetters and arc chips I use Google and search on the term "CLI-151 chip resetter". I did see aftermarket cartridges with ARC chips from Russian AliExpress. I'd rather find something in my home country or on the Chinese original AliExpress.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...dz2AGIQ8ccDegQIDRAI&biw=1560&bih=846&dpr=2.22

If there is no chip resetter or ARC chips to be had then you can override ink level monitoring when the cartridge is marked Empty by the printer. Then you refill. You won't have ink level monitoring but you will be able to refill. Careful to not run out of ink in the cartridge or you could permanently kill nozzles and then your prints will look bad. Stop printing immediately at the first sign of missing ink. Top off all cartridges regularly before they get close to empty.

I found the PGI-125 resetter in My country, but nothing specific to CLI-151. There are, however, a lot of refillable cartridges on our "ebay" like site.
I've read that the best practice is to refill the OEM, but what if that isn't an option? I am not comfortable with overriding the ink monitoring level feature cause there is a warning about that being memorized by the printer and with that, out of warranty.

Can someone educate me on why the refillable cartridges are a bad idea? What if I swap the chip with the OEM cartridge, would that do the trick?

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
I started a new topic so I could stop stering this one away from it's porpouse. I am very sorry to OP.
But I was just too excited to finally talk with someone that understand and knows all this stuff.
Thank you very much for your patience guys.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are addressing a particularly unpleasant situation - and you are a victim of it - that printer companies like Epson or Canon segregate their world business in several different market regions - with pretty strict boundaries between them - same printer models get different names - same for the consumables - you can't get all models in all regions - cartridges are even coded such that they may not work in another region than sold. And you have this stupid situation even in the European Union - which is separated in west and east, I only can get particular products via gray market channels from Poland or Hungary into Germany