Is The 526 Resetter Going To Work?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The new resetter for the latest generation Canon chips is due to be released in April (or later)
But and its a big but will it work and or what else can it do.

This chip is an intelligent chip unlike any other gone before so it may have other tricks up its sleeve.

Now I am only speculating that it has hidden treasures like Pandoras Box has so only time will tell.

Previously the only legal way for Canon to go was to allow the owner to disable the ink monitoring and continue to print using 3rd party inks, but if this chip is interfered with I think that maybe a different matter all together.

I reckon and have mentioned this before and (got slated for it) that this chip works with the eeprom in connection with the print driver for continuity of its ink system so any interruption may cause (something else).

Speculation can go either way so lets hope I am completely wrong for all are sakes, fingers crossed..:|

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
That's the reason I went to the Epson printers, to which good refillable alternatives are available. The only Canon printer is my good old Canon MX850 using the CLi-8/PGI-5 cartridges. Canon's policy of ever smaller and opaque cartridges, making them more and more difficult to reset and even to refill, more excessive cleaning for no good reason except draining the ink much quicker down the waste ink pad and making you buy cartridges much more often, has turn me away from any new Canon printers.

I would like to see Canon to introduce an A3+ printer with the same printhead as in the MP980 but using CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges: great photo printing (3 different droplet size for cyan, magenta and grey) , great neutral B&W printing (using grey ink cartridge) and laser sharp text printing due to the PGI-5 pigment ink cartridge, large format up to A3+. It would fill up the gap between the Canon Pro 9000 and the Canon Pro 9500 with only 6 cartridges.

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Interesting analogy, Mr. Hat. The 'hidden treasures' were from the regions of hell: war, famine, pestilence, plague and most definitely politics. The only true treasure that remained in Pandora's box was Hope--we may still find it.

irv weiner

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Maybe the Canons that use theses carts will eventually become extinct due to some electronic "plague" hidden in the brian of the system :)

They could in fact turn out to be "loose canons" - in the landfill that is, and a loss of loyal Canon customers.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
This chip is an intelligent chip unlike any other gone before so it may have other tricks up its sleeve.
Now I am only speculating that it has hidden treasures like Pandoras Box has so only time will tell.
I hope this is nothing more than you watching too many scary movies. May we all pray Canon does not hire you for chip security! :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stratman I hope this is nothing more than you watching too many scary movies. May we all pray Canon does not hire you for chip security!
I whole heartily agree with you (storm in a tea cup).
I am very anxious to be proven wrong about this, besides if I worked for Canon What Security :lol: :lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
... besides if I worked for Canon What Security :lol: :lol:
That cracked me up, The Hat! Excellent answer. :lol:

You da MAN with the master plan! :cool: