Is my MX925 dead?

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
Where... ? ?
£59 inc tax at CRC

A new MX925 is mostly about £120, but I found Amazon are now selling at £100.

I did look at a Maxify, but only Octopus in Germany are supporting refilling near me. It's unclear at the moment how Brexit will affect future shipments from the EU. You don't have that problem.

Also, I've got another MX925. Easier to refill 2 printers with the same cartridges.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I bet that a certain well known ink supplier in UK that frequents this parish will stock the necessary inks for the Maxify if the Brexit bomb creates problems with importing. Besides, if they apply the usual customs duty it's a simple matter to keep the costs of any order under the threshold and avoid duty.

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I bet that a certain well known ink supplier in UK that frequents this parish will stock the necessary inks for the Maxify if the Brexit bomb creates problems with importing.
I'm sure you're right, though at the moment he doesn't stock it. Also there's currently no resetter for the cartridges. Anyway, a Maxify is a printer I'll look at if it's still around when my MX925 dies.

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Consider buying 1 or 2 more print heads now at that good price if you like this printer for long term use. You never know when you might need them.
Well, I'm hoping I won't trash any more print heads. I think my problems were due to not using OEM cartridges for refilling. I'll be using Canon from now on.