Is a MP750 worth buying for $60?

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It seems to have trouble printing black but it could just be a clogged printhead. So do you guys think it is worth buying for $60?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It uses BCI-3eBk Black, BCI-6Bk Black, BCI-6C Cyan, BCI-6M Magenta, BCI-6Y Yellow. These cartridge do not have chip. This is a plus. These ink tanks are big comparing with the new ink tanks.

With the black nozzles clogged, I will not pay $60. My time worth money. An average user will not buy this printer when s/he knows the printhead is clogged. You may be the only person that is interested in this AIO.

If it is for me, I will offer $10 to start the negotiation and work my way up to max $20. The asking price does not mean that you have to pay that price. Remember: there is always a slim chance that you may not be able to clear the printhead. Then your money down the drain.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Of course he could buy another printhead. Last year I've bought 2 printheads (and shipping from America to Greece) to make sure my MP750 would function for a few more years ahead -- this is a great tool for my work and anything I invest to it, is worth the price.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You can get the printheads for that model now quite cheaply if you buy from Canon directly... Newer models are the ones that cost a lot more.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To all of those interested,... the most recent prices for printheads for just about all of the early printers using the BCI-3 or BCI-6 ink carts are now running about $48 plus shipping from Canon.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It depends....If it has been lightly used, it still might be a bargain. Ask to use it for a week, use the unclogging methods you find here, and soon you will know if it is worth your while to purchase the printer. if it does work out, you will have a real deal, since it is a printer which is VERY cheap to operate, and you will recoup your purchase price quickly.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I just corrected my last post on this thread. The wording was so bad it did not make sense. Anyway, I think it is clear now.

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If the pigment black (BCI-3eBK) is the problem you may still get excellent print quality if you tell the printer you are using photo paper. The pigment black ink is not used if the printer thinks it is printing on photo paper. This has helped me in the past. Tom

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Tom has a good idea, I would recommend specifying matte photo paper.