ipf5000

lordpain

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just been offered a good deal on a iPF5000 from canon. Any ideas on how to refill these guys or do I have to rely on original carts?

Also, where could I get the refillable carts and the Lucia inks to go with it?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Lordpain,

I know this guy who delivered me the Epson Pro 3800 refillable cartridges and I think he is currently to come with a solution for it. The problem is that he already has some working prototypes of his refillable cartridges for the Canon IPF5000, but you'll need the original chip to be tranferred on them and ink level status will be disabled and therefore he is currently investigating a bypass to offer a working ink level status. The encryption seems to very high and I suggested him to design a bracket with optical detectors when ink drops low and then then it could feed back to the printer or computer telling ink is running low.

I think Mikling is going to offer some Lucia compatible pigment ink (I might ask him to supply me with some samples for my i9950 A3+ pigment test as the HP pigment ink does not adhere well on glossy photo paper).

lordpain

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hmmm... that doesn't sound too good with the inks. Its pretty new, and I wouldnt want to risk running problems with such an expensive printer.

Also I am being offered a Epson 3850 (3800 in the EU and US) for around 1300sgd which is around 889 usd based on current exchange rates.

Which one should I choose? BTW the ipf5000 that was offered to be was 1000sgd with 2 sets of new carts; roll paper unit but a heavily used printhead. they offered me a replacement printhead for about 500sgd.