iPad Can't Find Printer (Canon MX452)

NorPlan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Mx452
Had just Recently Changed Out our WiFi Modem.. Our Carrier is HiSpeed DSL.. Had Unplugged / Replugged the Modem, Even the Canon Printer App.. Thru the App it acknowledges the New Modem but iPad Can't Find the Printer.. Help Appreciated, Cheers Thanks...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Changed Out our WiFi Modem
I do not know Apple products, so take this for what it's worth.

If the NEW WiFi modem has a different SSID and password then peripherals like your iPad and printer may see the SSID but cannot logon until you manually do it using the new WiFi modem's password. In other words, treat this situation as though you are setting up a connection between the iPad, WiFi modem and printer for the very first time. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the Canon printer app to facilitate this process.

Jorik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 & Canon MG5450
iPad Can't Find the Printer
I guess this means that whenever you try to print from an app via AirPrint your printer is not shown?

I've seen this happening at my mom's place (MG5450 and Netgear router running OpenWRT). I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I think some routers are causing some issues with Apple's Bonjour / Zeroconf / mDNS implementation. If your iPad is connected to the same network via Wifi, and it cannot find the printer, I would do the following reset:

Turn iPad, Printer and Modem/Router off.
Turn on Modem/Router until it is fully functional (typically wait for the online/WAN/etc LED's to show it is fully started and has an active internet connection)
Turn on Printer, verify it is connected with Wifi
Turn on iPad, verify it is connected to Wifi

It is rather annoying if this happens a lot, but typically such a full reset does solve the problem at my mom's place. I am looking into getting her a new router, because this one is not very reliable (need to restart it at least once a month or so)

In my own home with an MX925 and a Draytek router I never have this issue.