IP7250 keeps on clogging magenta

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
Whichever inks you are using are just not working properly, try some of the German compatible ink suppliers.. I don’t know if you can get 123ink.nl ink in Denmark, because they have very good compatible inks, I use 123ink.ie inks myself..

Most if not all your problems stem from poor quality inks and cartridges, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your print head ..Despite the information supplied to you wrongly earlier..
It seems your statement 'Poor ink' is correct.
The head is now running with OEM magenta.
I tried to register at 123ink.ie, but no luck.

I need some help in finding a cheap non OEM ink (refill?) (3-5 EUR).
I'm presently testing ink from danish suppliers (Nordic-ink and Printerrefill)

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for getting back to us with your good news, even if it’s with expensive OEM ink, did you try the other EU site https://www.123inkt.nl/
I tried to have a look, but my french and dutch is very poor. There are no english on the site.
Also I noticed something about Corona, but could not understand and txt could not be copied.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I tried to have a look, but my french and dutch is very poor. There are no english on the site.
Use the following link to get a decent translation to the language of your choice:

https://translate.google.com/

Select "detect language in the left hand window and paste the web site link there. Choose the language you want it translated into on the right hand window. Then click the link that appears in the right hand window.

Here's the English translation link:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.123inkt.nl/

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm presently trying two danish suppliers of ink. No blocking after two weeks.

On an other print head for the IP7250 I have a blocking I'm not able to open/remove.
I have tried cleaning liquid, water and soaking for a week. I still not able to press liquid through the inlet of magenta.
Question: Do I just have to have more patience or are there other ways?
Can I dismount the two screws and clean the in between? (I understand I have to do a head calibration afterwards)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 03.04 PM.JPG

I have seen this as an effect of ink starvation at some time - if you don't add ink to the sponge but just fill up the chamber with ink during your refill process the ink cannot be pulled out of the chamber via slight underpressure during the printing process. Just give it a try and soak the sponge with ink. If that does not make a difference your printhead may reach the end of his lifetime soon and I don't think that any cleaning efforts will make a change anymore.

Last edited:

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
View attachment 12085

I have seen this as an effect of ink starvation at some time - if you don't add ink to the sponge but just fill up the chamber with ink during your refill process the ink cannot be pulled out of the chamber via slight underpressure during the printing process. Just give it a try and soak the sponge with ink. If that does not make a difference your printhead may reach the end of his lifetime soon and I don't think that any cleaning efforts will make a change anymore.
I've seen that too and The Hat claimes it is due to poor ink. I agree (problem gone with OEM ink).
This problem is a blocking in the print head itself from the inlet and out.
Normally I can press cleaning liquid (or water) through with a tube and a syringe, but not anymore.
As I see it there can be something in between the inlet and the PCB with the 'squeeser' or something in the 'squesser' itself.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
problem gone with OEM ink
did you use a new Canon cartridge or did you swap OEM ink into the current cartridge in use ? So the problem is solved at this time - one way or another.

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
did you use a new Canon cartridge or did you swap OEM ink into the current cartridge in use ? So the problem is solved at this time - one way or another.
In order to prevent clogging magenta I cleaned the print head with water (tube and syringe) and installed a new Canon cartridge. Did some test runs and replaced the Canon cartridge with at non OEM cartridge (7eur/cart). For two weeks no clogging.

In the proces I have a second head with allmost the same issue, but tottally blocked in the magenta chanel. I'm looking for at way to unblock this head (while the ink testing continues).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm looking for at way to unblock this head (while the ink testing continues).
OEM ink is good at unblocking print head issues, but it is a bit expensive to be running cleaning cycles with the OEM ink.. Try it with nozzle checks in between each cleaning cycle..

P.S. don’t run Deep cleans, because that can kill the head completely..