ip7250: carriage is apparently obstructed and sticks up at one side

ricecrispies

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP7250
My iP7250 no longer prints. When I try to print, I get two pairs of orange and white flashes, which apparently means that there is either a paper jam or the carriage is obstructed. There is no paper jam, but I have noticed that when I look at the carriage after the error code is displayed, it is raised a little on the left-hand side. I can also pull the carriage upwards a bit, which I don't remember being able to do before. Would this be what is causing the error, or something else? And is there a way to fix it?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
Will the print head go to center (as for cartridge exchange) when you open the lid?

ricecrispies

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP7250
Sorry for taking so long to report back.

I finally got around to disassembling the printer. It turned out that it was the thing that scrapes off the excess ink to send it to the waste tank that the carriage was bumping into. Unfortunately, firstly, I couldn't work out how to stop it spring so far up and, secondly, in the process I knocked a spring loose in the assembly with all the cogwheels. I tried to open this up so that I could work out where the spring was supposed to go, but I couldn't work out how to do this, and it was also becoming clear that even if I did, I would have great difficulty working out how to put it all back together again. So I gave up and bought a cheap used colour laser printer and a higher quality photo inkjet printer.

tl:dr It all went pear shaped and I gave up.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thanks for the feed-back even if the repair atempt was unsuccessful.

Latest posts