IP4500-missing Cyan nozzle check

silenec

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score

When I print the nozzle check again, it looks always the same (lines missing in the same place), does that mean anything?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This entire thread should be helpful to you.

Can you provide the same answers I asked in posts #2 and #4?

Have you tried any of the suggestions that were made throughout this thread?

Yes, it does mean something if you always get the same pattern on your nozzle check after doing cleaning cycles and especially if it repeats after several days. It means you have clogged nozzles as opposed to an ink flow problem.

silenec

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
What kind of cartridge are you using?
These - http://goo.gl/w060

ghwellsjr said:
Do you refill? If so, what kind of ink?
Yes, I use Inktec ink.

ghwellsjr said:
How are you refilling? Traditional through the top of the reservoir or German refill method?
through the top

ghwellsjr said:
Have you tried any of the suggestions that were made throughout this thread?
I tried the wet paper towel method with warm distilled water, window cleaner on the screen for the cyan nozzle and also on the larger purge pad and I even ran warm tap water onto the print head from both sides but I still get the same pattern every time. Do you think the nozzles are still clogged, or could it be electrical problem? What should I try next?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Here is a thread which has some ideas you might find successful. In particular, the part where you put tubes on the inlet ports on the print head and then pump or suck Windex through them.

Be very careful when trying this process because too much force can break the seals between the different channels of ink flow in the print head. One person used long tubes and then just sucked gently on them without blowing to minimize the possibility of breaking the seals. Also, you need to thoroughly wash the print head after you think the nozzles are clear and give the print head two days to dry on a warm spot before putting it back in you printer. I fail to do this on one of my printers and not only damaged the print head, it damage my printer. So be careful.

silenec

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well I think it is a little bit better now after some more cleaning (more tap water + wet paper towel with window cleaner left overnight):

silenec

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Cyan is getting better but now the PGBK is clogged :mad:

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Pigment inks are the most susceptible to clogging, especially if left in the print head. I always do at least two deep head cleanings after removing the ink cartridges from the print head and before removing the print head from the printer. Unfortunately, the printers that have chips in the cartridges won't let you do this. I think the only way around it is to drain the ink out of a set of cartridges so that you can put them in the print head while doing deep head cleanings. Without doing this, you will have an incredible amount of ink in the print head that will have to be washed out before attempting any other method of nozzle cleaning.

Also, in my opinion, you should use Windex on the inlet ports to the print head and on the purge pads to help the printer do its own print head cleaning before trying it outside the printer.