ip4300, yellow blocked?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
It sounds more like your CISS is causing the yellow ink slowly leaking out of the print head. I have seen quite a few incidences like that but from cartridges that were not correctly sealed. A cleaning cycle would fix it for a little while then the problem would return.

I would check the CISS than messing with the print head.

hendoben

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
i've been using cartridges for the last few weeks.

hendoben said:
but i do need to get the silicon seals that go in the printhead, but i'm having a hard time finding somewhere online that sells spares..so does anyone know where i might be able to buy them from, somewhere in Europe preferably? thanks.
?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
hendoben said:
i've been using cartridges for the last few weeks.
All cartridges are subject to cracks although it is rare. The top of the cartridge is welded on by a heating process. Sometimes it cracks and leaks. You won't see the crack visually but it happens sometimes. Try to use another yellow cartridge. This is much easier than messing with the print head. Try it and There is a good chance the problem will be gone.

hendoben

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
i've been using different cartridges. think i've said that three times now.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
If your Yellow cartridge has a flow issue it will cause clogging very quickly when you print a photo. The fact that it will print just fine by just doing a cleaning cycle you have a leaking cartridge. Most of the time the one that leaks the color of that cartridge will stop printing. But some times a neighboring cartridge leaks can cause the one bot leaking to stop printing. Ink contamination could happen too in this case.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I've come back to this post as the thread contributors have gone off on a tangent without consider the context of previous posts...

hendoben said:
back again. i tried putting some cleaning fluid in the printhead which actually worked and i was able to print fine again, until now. hadn't used the printer for a few days so maybe that had something to do with it?
Quick couple of questions...
1. These cartridges, are they using the same ink you had in your CIS system or are they using something totally different?
2. Also are the pre-filled, refillable, OEM's being refilled or something else?

but i do need to get the silicon seals that go in the printhead, but i'm having a hard time finding somewhere online that sells spares..
What exactly do you mean by "silicon seals"
Are you referring to the black disks in the printhead that sit around the ink receivers or do you mean thin silicon shims that go on top of the black rubber disks (as described earlier)?

If you can provide some answers to those questions we might start getting a bit of a clearer idea of cause than we have been.

Cheers..

hendoben

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
websnail said:
I've come back to this post as the thread contributors have gone off on a tangent without consider the context of previous posts...

hendoben said:
back again. i tried putting some cleaning fluid in the printhead which actually worked and i was able to print fine again, until now. hadn't used the printer for a few days so maybe that had something to do with it?
Quick couple of questions...
1. These cartridges, are they using the same ink you had in your CIS system or are they using something totally different?
2. Also are the pre-filled, refillable, OEM's being refilled or something else?

but i do need to get the silicon seals that go in the printhead, but i'm having a hard time finding somewhere online that sells spares..
What exactly do you mean by "silicon seals"
Are you referring to the black disks in the printhead that sit around the ink receivers or do you mean thin silicon shims that go on top of the black rubber disks (as described earlier)?

If you can provide some answers to those questions we might start getting a bit of a clearer idea of cause than we have been.

Cheers..
Hi again, thanks for your time.

1.It's the same brand of ink that is in the CISS, but a newer batch.
2.The other ink cartridges i have tried are pre-filled.

The silicon seals i was referring to are these things ...

eu9RxuF.jpg

Yellow Ink was printing okay for a while(lots of cleaning and deep cleaning), since i last posted but I'm back to where I was in the beginning now.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Can you post some nozzle checks? Do a nozzle check, then a head cleaning, another nozzle check and post them here.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
ok... just quickly.. based on the fact that you're using silicon shims/grommets you'll probably find that they are actually hindering rather than helping as the cartridge sponge is unlikely to be coming into contact with the ink receiver owing to the subtle difference in seperate caused by the shims.

I'd recommend removing them if you haven't already.

Also, you didn't indicate whether the cartridges were originals that you were refilling or something from a third party manufacturer (ie: compatibles)...

hendoben

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
websnail said:
ok... just quickly.. based on the fact that you're using silicon shims/grommets you'll probably find that they are actually hindering rather than helping as the cartridge sponge is unlikely to be coming into contact with the ink receiver owing to the subtle difference in seperate caused by the shims.

I'd recommend removing them if you haven't already.

Also, you didn't indicate whether the cartridges were originals that you were refilling or something from a third party manufacturer (ie: compatibles)...
Hi again. I was only looking for replacement grommets as i thought it might help, i hadn't actually been using them.

I've recently received the canon refillable oem carts for sale on precision colours. Filled them with some ink i bought in the last few weeks, there's no branding on the bottle so i can't say any more about the ink other than all the other colours are working perfectly.

Still getting the same results with the new cartridges i'm afraid to say. I can only get the yellow to print if i put a little dab of cleaning fluid on the yellow inlet, then give it two cleaning cycles and i can print again for a very short time.

I've bought a second hand ip4200 presuming that i can just take the printhead from that and use it in my ip4300? I'll know for sure when it arrives i guess. Still haven't given up on getting this one working again though.

thanks.