IP4300 missing PGBK grid from nozzle check

andre404

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300
@The Hat

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have the same problem as described in the first post of this thread. The test page won't print any PGBK output (not even the PGBK letters).

It appears that the water I poured in the PGBK pad is now gone, so I guess it was absorbed by the system somehow? Still no improvement, I have zero black printing from the PGBK cartridge.

I will try your suggestion of the window cleaner instead of water and let you know. Is it possible that my problem is not a clogging problem?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Do the "stamp test": take the printhead out and press it gently on a piece of folded kitchen towel.
If all nozzle rows, the colors AND the text black (which nozzle row is longer beside the others), are there, this would probably mean: no clogging - but an electronically blocked text black.
No chance to clean this failure IMHO... you may print with higher quality settings (photo paper) using the other channels.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I the purge system pad stays flooded with liquid after closing the cover, waiting for all the 'noises' to stop and reopenning the cover, there is probably a restriction or clog in the purge system. The "stamp test" above will show if there is ink at the nozzles.

To repair the purge system can be very daunting for a printer newbie. These require considerable printer disassembly to access. I would continue soaking the purge pads with
original formula windex and hope it improves...

gene

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300
You WILL need to service the purge unit....it ain't easy. I had to clean out fine passageways with a thin wire, AFTER accessing the purge unit peristalic pump (which just snaps apart, once you get there!).
Hi,
I have very same problem. Trying to clean purge system. Could you make a photo of the parts which need to be unsnapped? And how to do that?
Thank you!

Latest posts