ip4300 leave horizontal streaks of black ink

bluegnet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi guys,

I recently have a problem with my ip4300. When printing, either plain paper or photo paper, it leave black streaks on the paper.

I think the reason is because the printhead seems to be too low, so it cause an impact with the paper. That conclusion came to me because when i use the envelope in paper option, the print result is good.

Any idea of how i can repair this? hope you guys understand what i mean about the problem, cause im not a native english.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi.
A simple thought although you say you use the printer in its "envelope paper option" I believe there is also a "switch" on the printer case to change from plain thin paper to thicker material. ie envelopes. Is this in the envelope position and if so try it in the paper position to see if this sorts out your problem

Lets know how you get on.
Doug

bluegnet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Solved. At least with some dirty hack.

I turned out that the cartridge cradle is the one causing the streaks in the paper. It roughly touch the paper while printing, causing the black streaks.

What I did is I opened the case, and then adding some thick duck tape to add thickness to the iron plate which the cradle is hanging to. despite some doubt that this is just temporary solution, my printer is now working just fine!! no more black streaks.

The regret is that i forgot to take some picture to share.

dougsewell said:
Hi.
A simple thought although you say you use the printer in its "envelope paper option" I believe there is also a "switch" on the printer case to change from plain thin paper to thicker material. ie envelopes. Is this in the envelope position and if so try it in the paper position to see if this sorts out your problem

Lets know how you get on.
Doug
I understand that in some canon series (ie, ip1800) a paper thickness switch are available, but i can't seem to find it in my printer.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good to hear you fixed your problem. Cleaning the bottom of the print head cradle may clean off any thick deposits of ink which may allow you to use the printer without the duck tape.
Good luck

Doug