Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
So it does not work does it?

davidw89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
What is EPROM? DOes it reset your ink level? Can someone confirm?

DesignedSenescene

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just watched a documentary from finnish TV about Injekt Printers having EEPROM chip, what is programmed to be able to print X amount of printworks, and after that it will display message: A part inside your printer has broken please contact technichal support.

Technical support tells you to buy new one.

This is because making products that last are bad business.

When they ask printer producers, they say that the reason for programming the eeprom chip thatway is because the leftover containers, that collect all leftover ink would "go over" and mess the table of the customer, but that seems probably not be the actual truth.

If you find out how you could reset the eeprom chip you could print again that X amount of prints with no problem. In this documentary the specific amount of printing times was 1800. After that, you would haveto reset the eeprom again.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
DesignedSenescene said:
When they ask printer producers, they say that the reason for programming the eeprom chip thatway is because the leftover containers, that collect all leftover ink would "go over" and mess the table of the customer, but that seems probably not be the actual truth.
That is the truth, although the manufacturers may be overly conservative on predicting when the waste ink tank really is full. They certainly don't want any consummers coming at them for destroying their furniture just because they never bothered to alert the customers that this might happen some day.

However, this thread is really about how to get around the problem of the chips in the cartridges refusing to print when you refill them and that problem has now been solved by chip resetters. At the time of this thread, it looked as though there may never have been any chip resetters available.

DesignedSenescene

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There is, i downloaded a software made by a russian programmer tha reseted the counter.

Here is something about epson printers on english, just put following to the google and it should be first link (the boards wont let me paste a link): "SSC Services All in One Epson Ultilities"

There is softwares anyway available / are able to made software that resets those counters.. Printer immdeadly starts to work after resetting. If your printer is "broken", its definedly worth of trying because u wont have anything to lose! Google about this stuff and you'll find more about it. csserve.exe is the russian one that i used. The guy who made it was on that finnish document and thats how i knew to search about that driver, he said hes made that driver because the printers arent good for end user or for nature, because you'll haveto buy new one after the counter fills that 1800 prints. :)

Just wanted to share this with u guys. If you get a message about something has broken inside your Injekt printer, it easily can be that its just fullfilled its print count and makers want you to buy new one. Just like apple had dying batteries in their iPod and when your battery was dead, their consumer help just told you to buy new iPod, there was no batteries sold to the decive :)