Ip4200 Canon - purple cloud around text in printing on dvd media

spencer101

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have been using refill hobbicolors for some time 4-5 refills of each cartridge. Occasionally a purple cloud would come round the text when printing on dvd media. I have tried everthing -alignment cleaning and took it for service : the agent told me that it is because i use refills: ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Did you print it on paper to see if it does the same? Was it Text Only or was it a graphic with text in the graphic? If it is a graphic with text in it you may have a reolution issue of the grachic that you tried to print. Perhaps the resolution is too low?

spencer101

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
It does it only on dvd media and have not tried graphics. On paper it prints fine. It does not do it always. I bought new canon cartridges and am still testing - till now on 3 dvds it's ok but the problem is not proportional to the output - sometimes it did it after 15 dvds and sometimes in the beginning. The programs I'm using are surething and the original canon software for cd printing.

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If it prints fine on paper and not on DVD I would suspect it is the distance the media is from the print head.

A print head does not touch the media. Put a ruler over the media and see if the height is the same as with a sheet of paper inserted. A single piece of paper under the disk may do the trick but check the clearance first

Terry