ip4000 EEPROM report page

ip4000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I printed the ip4000 EEPROM report page using the info at the bottom of this message.
What does the different number mean= It says I've printed PAGE (All=33659) over thirty thousand pages. Can't be true. More likely about 10 000.

Start with the printer OFF

1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
2. release RESUME (while still holding down the POWER)
3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
4. The green light will blink and the printer will make some noise. Wait until this is finished, you are now in the printer's diagnostic mode.

To select one of the functions below, use the RESUME button and then press POWER to execute:

# of RESUME Presses - Light Color - Function

0 - green - Power Off
1 - orange - Service Test Print: Extended nozzle check pattern
2 - green - EEPROM information print
3 - orange - EEPROM initialize
4 - green - reset waste ink counter (For the Canon waste tank full error)
There are other options beyond these first 5, but from what I hear they do things that you don't want to mess with.

Lastly press Power.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
PeterPJ,
Thanks!

Do you (or someone else) happen to have a link for a Pro 9000-2 service manual that would have this kind of info? I did a little searching via google, but the ones I looked at weren't helpful. I did find a parts catalog for the 9000 on the same website as the iP4500.

[Edit] Here's a link to an eBay listing for 9000-1 service manual and part's list for $2.95 . Not the Mark II, and I haven't actually obtained the Mark 1 manual from this link, so can't vouch for it.

Perhaps I should check what happens if I follow the magic steps described for the iP4500 with the 9000-2? Or not?
[Edit ...] Probably bad idea. See following post.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If your printer is the Pixma Pro 9000 mark II, you could buy a download from here. Price is 20 $ : http://www.e-manualshop.com/2009/12/canon-pixma-pro9000-mark-ii-service.html

Without the service manual I wouldn't dare entering service mode. You risk changing some settings you don't want to change, for instance turning the printer into a Japanese model, that uses an entirely different cartridge set with different chips.

BTW the parts catalogue seems to be for a Pro 9000 model without the mark II ?

Peter

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
If your printer is the Pixma Pro 9000 mark II, you could buy a download from here. Price is 20 $ : http://www.e-manualshop.com/2009/12/canon-pixma-pro9000-mark-ii-service.html
I was hoping to avoid having to spend $20 if the service mode info was available without charge.

Without the service manual I wouldn't dare entering service mode. You risk changing some settings you don't want to change, for instance turning the printer into a Japanese model, that uses an entirely different cartridge set with different chips.
Agree. I'll edit the previous post to discourage trial and error experimenting.

BTW the parts catalogue seems to be for a Pro 9000 model without the mark II ?
Yes.

The impression I have is that the Mark II differs from the Mark 1 in the following ways (perhaps more?):
* Different firmware results in faster printing?
* Print driver may have profiles for different photo papers?

* Seems to have same print-head
* Seems to have same ink droplet size ... 2.0 pl