ip3000 prints wavy but just the black

xboxman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi
i am new here
i have a pixma ip3000 printer ( been refilling my tanks for years) and the black prints wavy did cleaning and deep cleaning a bunch of time still wavy but all the colors are fine did a head alinement still wavy black so after a weeks then i get streaks so i get a new print head from canon and put it in do the head alinement and it works like new for about a month then black gets wavy again .. also i print shipping labels with bar codes every day with it ..... get another print head set it up black prints fine for about a month then wavy again and it just the black all colors are fine .......even cleaned where the print head parks ( have had others that were dirty where the head parks and that fixed them) but still wavy and it seems the more i work on it the wavier it gets
any ideas ??
thanks

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Welcome to the forum.

Please post an image of an example of your problem, and a scan or photo of a nozzle test print. You won't be able to do so for at least 24 hours from your first post on this forum (a spam countermeasure built into the forum). Or post links to the images...

As a work-around, you might switch to printing very dark grey if possible (using the color inks to make black) if your labeling software permits it.

Wayne

xboxman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
9829_img.jpg

hope this PIX upload works .. i just cut out some of parts of the pages and did a scan of about 3 pages

today it seems to print better makes me think the cleaning is helping

thanks