IP04500 print head cleaning? Clogged?

gotloveforall

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Alright. I've been using Mikling's canon ink for some time now. Always had great results. But since I could not get in contact with him for a new purchase a few months back i was forced to use some bad no-name "generic" canon ink. Now my print head in clogged. STREAKING white lines on all colors.

I read somewhere that the best way to clean a print head is to boil it in a double boiler(glass). Is this correct?
What would be the best solution? II have already tried using the printers "cleaning" and "Deep cleaning" procedures. I think they just clogged it even more. lol

Help would be greatly appreciated! Expecting great things from the best inkjet forum on the net! :D

*also, where is Mikling?!?

gotloveforall@gmail.com

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
No. Just soak some kitchen paper with ammonia-based glass cleaner and let the printhead sit on it. Push gently and pull with a little more force. Repeat for a few times. Then, don't wipe the printhead (but do make sure the contacts are dry), just insert it on the printer with the nozzles still wet. Run a nozzle check after that (the printer will do an automatic deep cleaning for you).

RWP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
gotloveforall said:
I read somewhere that the best way to clean a print head is to boil it in a double boiler(glass). Is this correct?
What would be the best solution? II have already tried using the printers "cleaning" and "Deep cleaning" procedures. I think they just clogged it even more. lol
Boiling temps will ruin a print head, just as the excessive heat produced by running a Canon head out of ink will do. I've *read* that it is okay to run fairly warm water through or to soak a print head though, but haven't tried it myself. And as panos stated, the head must be completely dry in its electrical areas before using...

gotloveforall

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Alright! Used a no name brand glass cleaner with ammonia and I'm back in action with no streaks!
At the least I don't have to open my standby NIB IP4500. :D
Also picking up a third IP4500 later this week. For the price I'm finding these, it's worth just selling the ink carts new and having a new printer and print head for $20! lol