Interesting average on replies

P

printfan1138

I notice that in this part of the site (Everything else) there are over 6,000 people looking but only 22 replies which seems to be the norm for most subject areas in here. I find that amazing given the fact that so many look but so few participate and I wonder why this is the case. Anyone else wonder why this is so? Given this trend I suppose I may never get a response to my question but perhaps I'll be surprised. The total replies is about 180 compared against over 45,000 views so I won't hold my breath!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
common practice for most forums and newsgroups I've logged onto in the last 25 years. It appears that most people go onto a forum or NG, find the answer to their problem, and stay on without posting. There is a core group of regulars who are able to answer most questions or generate new threads with information they feel is of interest to the group.

If you are asking about the "everything else" section only, I would guess that most people log on to get info on printers, ink, paper, maintenance, and problems they are having. They may look over this particular area, but the most informative areas of the forum deal directly with the purpose for which they've logged on - printer issues.

Wondering_Mike

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I reckon that if even 1 person can find the information they need to solve their printer problems, I think it's worth it.
Bummer if you're question doesn't get answered. Maybe you should keep posting in the question (of course within forum limits or something, I don't know if that is allowed.) Or seek advice on other fora.

Good Luck.

:)

P

printfan1138

I've found a lot of good tutorials on the internet so there is help for almost any question. Right now being fairly new to printing I've been looking at all the types of cartridges available from refilling original carts to the, in my opinion much better damper type refillable carts with the chip bars . I'm using the carts also that have the chips on the carts and they come in both vacuum fill and gravity fill types so we certainly have a lot these days to choose from even before getting in to cis systems with the tubing. I suppose most as you say come in ask one question and move on and I thought that perhaps a series of basic tutorials would be good to see in here. What is your thought on this, anyone?

ink_junkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Wondering_Mike said:
I reckon that if even 1 person can find the information they need to solve their printer problems, I think it's worth it.
Bummer if you're question doesn't get answered. Maybe you should keep posting in the question (of course within forum limits or something, I don't know if that is allowed.) Or seek advice on other fora.

Good Luck.

:)
Don't forget the always popular 'bump'!