Inktec vs American vs OCP.. please help..

israelchris

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5310
Thank you for the information, I'll see which one (OCP and IS) is more easy to get.

Is interesting to know it's very close match to OEM inks (IS), maybe I'll try to get first IS, the price is higher, but reading your comments sounds interesting..

with both inks, I have to use custom profile?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sorry about the misspell! It is my downfall!
Joe

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I'll see which one (OCP and IS) is more easy to get.

Is interesting to know it's very close match to OEM inks (IS), maybe I'll try to get first IS, the price is higher, but reading your comments sounds interesting..

Precision colors is in Canada but ships very reasonably to the US. Contact Mike at at Precision Color to get pricing on shipping to Mexico. I've used IS inks for a little over 10 years. I haven't used custom profiles, but on occasion there is some tweaking necessary. Even with Canon OEM inks and Canon paper I found some photo printing with reds too vivid - skin colors sometimes too "warm".

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

I too use IS inks purchased from trusted fellow forum member Mikling who sells the inks from his Precision Colors business on eBay. Mikling also provides custom printer profiles for a number of photo papers -- see http://www.precisioncolors.com/c5cbicc.html.

To be sure you purchase the correct items, write an email to Mikling (http://www.precisioncolors.com/contact.html) describing your printer make and model number and the items - inks, resetter, refilling tools, custom ICC profiles - you are interested in.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I use InkTec inks and now OCP as they are easy to get direct from Germany. I'd used to buy InkTec locally but they stopped selling these as any refilled profits from refills not for selling bulk ink.

israelchris

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5310
Precision colors is in Canada but ships very reasonably to the US. Contact Mike at at Precision Color to get pricing on shipping to Mexico. I've used IS inks for a little over 10 years. I haven't used custom profiles, but on occasion there is some tweaking necessary. Even with Canon OEM inks and Canon paper I found some photo printing with reds too vivid - skin colors sometimes too "warm".

I recently bought inktec ink (5 liters), but for my next buy, I will take into consideration the information you provide me, I've curiosity to see how much difference has ISP.

Thanks for the information ;)