Inktec Pigment Ink

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Strange, no paywall here.
Some luminous landscape articles are behind a paywall - just 1$ per month - some are just partially protected or not at all. Anyway - have an interesting reading.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
NO WAY

Sounds interesting ... maybe it needs to be tested
Probably not wise... Canon inks need to be able to thermally expand when heated by the nozzles heating element to form a bubble that both bursts (to jet the ink on to the page) and dissipates the heat in the element. Epson inks are not formulated to do that so you'd likely stress the elements, head and your bank balance.

Step away from the "This looks like fun" red button... ;)

photog-art-printer

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Probably not wise... Canon inks need to be able to thermally expand when heated by the nozzles heating element to form a bubble that both bursts (to jet the ink on to the page) and dissipates the heat in the element. Epson inks are not formulated to do that so you'd likely stress the elements, head and your bank balance.

Step away from the "This looks like fun" red button... ;)
Understood.
Will not play with Epson ink in Canon printer.
Thank you

Last edited:

Eeli

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 9500 , IP110
I have bought Inktec inks for Pro 300. I could make an ICC profile with Spyderprint if that would be interesting and someone would like to explore the profile? I have been able to get reasonable results from Spyderprint. You have to be very careful with the measurements, just one patch at time with no rush.

Br, Eeli

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
My exprerience with Sp.........is that bad that I won't even write the name of this product anymore. I was helping out users who got some strange looking profiles like this one - and that wasn't the only instance

profile.jpg

Eeli

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 9500 , IP110
This is my two profiles with Spyderprint. Printer is Pro 300. The slightly larger one is with Canon PGI-9 inks and PFI-1000 CO. The smaller one is with Inktec inks. Inktec black is L value something like 9 and PGI-9 black is around 3. I don't have any software to print gamut, so this is some online viewer.

Br, Eeli
Profile.png

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Spyderprint: terrible device. I sold mine many years ago. Even the standard 50 + 50 method of the Colormunki produces superior profiles compared to the 729 "High Quality" method of Spyderprint, which also takes enormous time to read and even then the quality is poor. Blues tends to go out of gamut and printed purple, forcing you to change the patch colour itself to drag down the colour balance to blue again.

colorful artist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-300
Novice here! What is your conclusion? Are Inktec any good with Canon pro-300? My art isn't going to be in museums but I won't sell rubbish either. Still, I need to lower my prices or I'm out of business.

Last edited: