Inktec ink in bottles?

Johnny Z

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm interested in finding out about the Inktec ink... but looking around about a dozen Inktec sites, all I could find are places where you go to have carts refilled on site.

Is there any retailer with Inktec that just sells bottled ink... say in 2 oz. bottles, which I could then refill myself?

I'm looking for Canon CLI-8 inks.

Thanks for any information.

:0)

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
They sell 20 ml bottles of ink only. That's not even 1 oz of ink. Duh, that's one refill only if you also spill a little.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hey it's the only one I could find not in the U.K ok....sheesh

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You can buy the individual 20 ml bottles (which are really syringes--just pop on a needle) for $2.95 from www.inkjetcartridge.com or ten for $24.95 instead of just three bottles in the kit for $15.99 from www.4inkjets.com. Please note: the compatible cartridges that inkjetcartridge sells are not necessarily and probably not filled with Inktec ink so don't think that is an available option.

The only other option I know of is to buy 1 liter bottles from www.inktec.com which is the way I buy them. That's enough to vacuum fill 75 cartridges at a time. You could probably fill more cartridges with another method of filling that doesn't waste a lot of ink like vacuum filling does.

Actually, there may be another option if you look at the bottom line of this post.

Defcon2k

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I buy 100ml bottles of Inktec ink. 1l is too much for my needs, but 100ml is just fine.

tintenalarm.de
Krauss-Tinte
These shops might not be an option for you because of the shipping costs, but I guess there must be shops near you which also have 100ml bottles.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The only place in America that I am aware of that has ever sold Inktec ink in 100 ml bottles was www.inkiesonline.com but they have gone out of business. I know it is available overseas. I don't think www.inktec.com sells it in 100 ml bottles but I could be wrong. I know that everytime I order any ink from them, I have to wait for the next shipment from Korea because they don't stock the BCI-6 ink for Canon printers in America, so I really doubt you would have much luck getting the smaller bottles from them.

Johnny Z

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input.

I see now the Inktec options are very limited for refillers who just need a smaller amount than 1 litre!

Thanks!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil